Main Menu

Long Lost Simon Harrison Work…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 13 December, 2022, 01:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

...has resurfaced, in the shape of Shuk & Doode.

From the link below, the synopsis reads:

QuoteDark & Golden Books are excited to collect the 1988 comic serial Shuk and Doode for the very first time. Unseen since its initial publication in the pages of Computer and Video Games magazine, Shuk and Doode is the wild and excessive misadventures of two demons who have escaped from hell, urban satanism, cat burglary and other moments from the night life of a big city.

TBH, eight quid seems a bit steep for a 28-page book which only has 18 pages of strip, but it might make a handy gift for that Simon Harrison completist in your life... :-)

LINK here.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

£8 seems very reasonable to me all things considered, picked up a copy of O'Neils Mek-Memories too while I'm at it.

Top find.

sheridan

Seems like an expected amount for a low-print run collection to me as well - some of it would depend on the print quality, of course!

JayzusB.Christ

Great stuff. I always loved his stuff, and at the risk of a festive lynching, I thought his Strontium Dog stuff was a refreshing change.  (Before you light your flaming torches, I realise that Carlos was still the king.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

I wouldn't say a refreshing change, but an interesting one certainly.
I want to reassess Harrison's work on SD soon, but I know I admired it at the time. I remember beautiful fine lines, and an attractive combination of heavy rendering with pure blank spaces.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

I meant to add that I found a lot of similarity with what Hicklenton was doing at the same time.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!