Main Menu

Strontium Dog comes to Kickstarter?

Started by Leigh S, 21 December, 2022, 07:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Interesting tease from the Thrill Mail

anybody got any guesses?

Rogue Judge

I'm hoping for a Statute or Bust...acton figures would be OK but I typically only collect retro figures*. I'm excited for anything SD though!

(*It's too tempting to go crazy with all these awesome Dredd figures coming out these days, I wouldnt know where to stop!)

Leigh S

I was wondering if the image was an actual physical thing rather than artwork - would eem weird for KS to be used for a single statue though?

lincnash

ThreeA's prototype 1/6 Johnny Alpha figure that was teased years ago, will finally go into production?
The only drawback would be the £1,743 price tag.
:-)

Trooper McFad

That's peaked my interest🤔

As said could it be an exclusive bust or 1/6  scale figures (from Warlord games as they have the models so would only need to scale up hence the Kickstarter?

Or my current favourite as it's out the box and retro what about a game book with exclusive prints for hitting targets. I know a few boarders on here that might just wet their pants at that 😂😂😂
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Trooper McFad

Looking closer at the tease I am leaning towards a figurine - what size tho?

Colin YNWA

There's a FB post from Rebellion which includes the logo for 'Fish Coillectibles'. Can see them online but the image suggests its an action figure / statue.

moly

It's a statue, person doing it got the licence from rebellion when tweeterhead decided not to proceed with the 2000ad statue line they where going to do, think he said the kickstarter is due in January

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 21 December, 2022, 08:41:47 PM
Or my current favourite as it's out the box and retro what about a game book with exclusive prints for hitting targets. I know a few boarders on here that might just wet their pants at that 😂😂😂

Yeah, I would love this! I'm pretty sure Rebellion could sell 50, maybe even 100 copies!

If it is a statue as Moly says, that's cool, although it'd need to be amazing for me to back it.

What is interesting is the use of KS. Have Rebellion used this before? It could be a viable model for producing slightly more niche merch, if there's enough interest.

You're a dark horse, Boots.

moly

Pretty sure rebellion have used Kickstarter for some of the board games they have done, but the statue is a 3rd party

IndigoPrime

So it's not Bluetooth-enabled electro-nux?

Barrington Boots

Quote from: moly on 22 December, 2022, 10:14:06 AM
Pretty sure rebellion have used Kickstarter for some of the board games they have done, but the statue is a 3rd party

Good point on both. Ignore me!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Leigh S

Looks like it will be too big for me to afford both in terms of cash and space, but don't begrudge anyone else the chance to get it.  Still think KS is an odd way to fund a one off object mind, but I suppose KS has long since gone past its initial remit of allowing companies to raise development costs to being a pre-order service

Colin YNWA

Apparently it'll be limited to 500. So folks who want it - I suspect it'll be above the price bracket I'm comfortable with, will need to move fast.

Kickstarter due February apparently.

Trooper McFad

If that's the case and looking at the starting points for the Tweeterhead figures then you'll be looking at something over £200 (at least). Which like Colin is above my price range. For that price range I'll have to keep on mashing up marvel figures and settle for sub standard lookey likey's