Main Menu

Dave "Bolt 01" Evans Charity Anthology

Started by Bad City Blue, 29 December, 2022, 11:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

A tribute to Dave Evans who helped and encouraged us by showcasing our work through his publications, Zarjaz, Dogbreath and FutureQuake.

The anthology will feature a collection of strips/pin ups from the cream of both Indie and Pro creators, some who got their first work published with Dave. Alan has giving me a steady flow of strips and artwork with more to come. Planned as an A4 Hardback, similar in style to the classic 2000AD annual, it will be heading to Kickstarter.

We're both grateful for the time given to this project by the writers and artists involved.
Proceeds from the sale of this Anthology via kickstarter and beyond will be donated to a charity chosen by Dave's family.

A fitting one off publication for a man that was much loved.

If any of you have pictures of Daves Doodles or little anecdotes you'd like to share, please get in contact with me. We'd love to feature them in this.

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Buttonman

What a nice plan for a well loved and missed forumite and friend to many.

My artistic talents are no-existent but I can offer a couple of crumbs of interest. Below is a colab I did with Dave for an old forum art contest. It was around the time of the new Dredd movie and my idea was for Dredd to lay down the law about what wasn't acceptable following the Stallone offering. The idea wasn't suitable for my usual Paintbox offering so Dave came up trumps, despite a manic schedule, with the offering below :

He also had several letters printed in his favourite comic, the one below being his first in Prog 1316.

I appreciate these are small oddities but they may give a chuckle to is friends and family. Apologies for the Photobucket watermarks - I've been unable to raise their ransom fee!

Good luck with the project and I'll definitely be signing up for the Kickstarter.

JayzusB.Christ

I don't have anything to offer but thanks for doing this - it's a very nice tribute to one of our finest boarders.  Never met Bolt but the board isn't the same without him.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"