Main Menu

Prog 2317: Escape Route

Started by IndigoPrime, 28 January, 2023, 01:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

Quote from: norton canes on 02 February, 2023, 03:07:33 PMWhisper it, but Joe Pineapples was pretty good this week.
Joe Pineapples is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

IndigoPrime

I dunno. For me this entire series has been like a box of chocolate-covered grit. What you don't know is how much grit will be inside. There have been moments of episodes that have risen above the dross, but they're rare. Most of it has reminded me of the worst times during 2000 AD's nadir.

broodblik

The other problem I have with Joe is that I cannot actually tell you what the story is about
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

nxylas

Quote from: broodblik on 03 February, 2023, 03:39:16 PMThe other problem I have with Joe is that I cannot actually tell you what the story is about
It's about 10 episodes.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Max Headroom

I also thought that this episode of Joe Pineapples was a big improvement on previous ones. And the art is great.

Bad City Blue

Joe Pineapples is pretty to look at, boring to read. Nice to see Bidley not phoning it in like he is wont to do sometimes. Sadly Pat seems to have lost the ability to tell a fun, interesting story.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 03 February, 2023, 10:30:35 PMNice to see Bidley not phoning it in like he is wont to do sometimes.

That would be because he's not drawing it, presumably...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JimmyNailz

Quote from: norton canes on 02 February, 2023, 03:07:33 PMNew tooth, that's weird...

A big tonal shift for Dredd after last week and the double-whammy of a couple of Rob Williams' favourite tropes - large heads on small bodies and references in the third person. Not sure that 'furball' joke works unless we assume Sneetches is actually saying 'furball', which the inverted tags suggest they're not. Sorry, am I overanalysing it? First rule of comedy Spike, don't overanalyse it.

I know what you mean about the furball joke. Personally, I have chosen to believe he's saying the word everytime he's coughing one up.

NapalmKev

Quote from: JimmyNailz on 05 February, 2023, 09:46:12 PM
Quote from: norton canes on 02 February, 2023, 03:07:33 PMNew tooth, that's weird...

A big tonal shift for Dredd after last week and the double-whammy of a couple of Rob Williams' favourite tropes - large heads on small bodies and references in the third person. Not sure that 'furball' joke works unless we assume Sneetches is actually saying 'furball', which the inverted tags suggest they're not. Sorry, am I overanalysing it? First rule of comedy Spike, don't overanalyse it.

I know what you mean about the furball joke. Personally, I have chosen to believe he's saying the word everytime he's coughing one up.

I thought the character was saying "furball" in place of the F-Word.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

IndigoPrime

Interesting to read the Covers Uncovered on this: https://2000ad.com/news/2000-ad-covers-uncovered-fighting-the-desire-to-add-beyond-what-was-necessary-mark-harrison-takes-us-out-once-more-for-prog-2317/

I think I prefer the cover 2000 AD didn't go with as an image, but the one that was chosen is more fitting for an actual cover.