Main Menu

Test tube judges

Started by longmanshort, 07 March, 2004, 08:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longmanshort

But my original question was - what event made them realise that they'd be better off cloning from Dredd? did his conduct in the Apocolypse War convince them that they had something special on their hands?

Do you think there was a single event (other than Rico going bad) that changed them rom cloning Tharg to cloning Dredd?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

longmanshort

Sorry, that last par should have read:

Do you think there was a single event (other than Rico going bad) that changed them from cloning Tharg to cloning Dredd?

Slippery PD

arent we missing the obvious here?

They may have run out of material......  and hence it was just easier to use Dredds rather than digging fargo up or whatever?

Yer Slips

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Jared Katooie

In sector house the senior M.O. states that there are 7 clones in production and both Dredd and Fargo are being used as DNA sources as "It ammounts to the same thing."

Thread Zero

They may have run out of material...... and hence it was just easier to use Dredds rather than digging fargo up or whatever?

That's what I was assuming - it would be easier to use a living skin sample from Dredd because he happens to be alive. As long as Dredd remains alive, there'll still be an inexhaustable supply of material. If they keep cutting bits off Fargo's corpse, it's going to run out sooner or later.    

W. R. Logan

Somebody want to write a Rico profile? It may stop the message board going around in circles and the same questions being asked, then answered, then asked, then answered...

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

longmanshort

I'm not going round in circles, I asked a completely different question - where Rico came from is kinda irrelevant to my question and I wished I'd never asked. I did ask how old he is to devine if anyone had an opinion on whether there was an event that resulted in the switch to dredd for genetic stock. When Dredd Angel came up, I thought 'ooh, hang on, surely that was a Fargo clone' having never read anything to contradict that either on here or in the prog (I'd stopped collecting by that point ...)

I just found it interesting that they changed to using Dredd's DNA and wondered if, though not necessarily supported by direct evidence in the strip itself, people thought the authorities had changed their tack because of a single event preceeding Dredd Angel (of which running out of Fargo's DNA was one suggestion)

W. R. Logan

Fargo's Bloodline is flawed as highlighted in the Bloodline report that appeared in one of the Judge Dredd Mega-Specials. I did copy the text for somewhere once but at this hour and after my day searching for it can wait.
I'd say that Rico and later Kraken were enough to show that using Dredd's DNA may get around the flaw. After his actions in the Robot War, The Cursed Earth, The, Day The Law Died, The Apocalypse War etc it showed that Fargo may have been the greatest Judge of MC-1 but Dredd surpassed him.
From the dates it must have been McGruder who brought the project to life and as we?ve seen before she wasn?t adverse to green lighting secret projects.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

W. R. Logan

LMS, chill. Just because this board has to say you are replying to an individual and not to a thread don?t take it that my reply was a personal one to you. My point is that every time Rico appears we get a new thread asking the same questions.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

longmanshort

Yeah, sorry 'bout that Logan ... made a snap judgement on your post and immediately realised my mistake after clicking to send it.

Apologies.

Dudley

Who's this Rico geezer then?

Dudley sits back and watches Logan's head explode

W. R. Logan

>Who's this Rico geezer then?

Should have saved myself the hassle and never mentioned the little clone to John.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Bart Oliver

Cheers JC.

++ But Rico is the clone of Fargo who appeared in 'Dredd Angel', but he's been subsequently revealed to be a clone of Dredd, not Fargo after all. ++

Okay I've read all the posts and I can see where this is going.. and Logan's got a point- IIRC the Judge Rico profile on site could do with some more info. It's where I went first to find out about him last year.

Well at least a young Clarence Goodman (mkii?) gets to walk tall in the lone star city.

B.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Leigh S

Here we go, Wowami... any chance of making a thread like this sticky...?