Main Menu

Prog 2198 - Lock & Lode!

Started by Goosegash, 05 September, 2020, 01:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgeurko

So, more great artwork in Dredd but that's the only redeeming feature. A lot to tie up in a handful of pages next week. I hope there is more to come & the repercussions spin off into another story but I feel we're gonna get a quick fix which would be in keeping with the writing style of this 'epic' which will probably be quickly forgotten.

[spoiler]But how good would it be if Dredd dies & we get a follow up story of Dredd & Anderson in limbo battling to get back to our world. Then a final story in this trilogy showing them dealing with what has happened to Mega City One in their absence/how their absence has impacted on the city.[/spoiler]

BPP

Quote from: Southstreeter on 09 September, 2020, 01:04:56 PM
Any subbers still waiting for their prog? Even though it's been coming late for months now, I can't remember the last time I didn't have it by Wednesday.

Mine usually arrives the Friday after news-stand publication. Sometimes weeks late. And rarely but randomly on the Saturday before like others. I've given up searching for logic.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

TordelBack

If Ichabod doesn't give Dredd a magic horse as a gift for being such a good host (both meanings),  I'm going to be disappointed. "Whene'er yer most in need of succour, she'll come git ya, through fire or ice or time itsel. Reckon you've earned that much,  Sheriff".

broodblik

[spoiler]I think it is going to be over just like that as Dredd will expel death from him and save the day[/spoiler] or something like that
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 September, 2020, 11:31:14 AM
3riller is unfathomably gorgeous, but it turns out I can't even enjoy a less evil parody of Rees-Mogg.

Seeing Evil Lord Snooty get [spoiler]a bullet to the forehead[/spoiler] cheered me up no end.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Timothy

Re Dredd. Surely there is a clue in the angel's dialogue [spoiler]about "Anderson ... he shot me" .some sort of body-swap timey-wimey handwaving stuff?[/spoiler]

judgeurko

Quote from: Timothy on 09 September, 2020, 03:17:19 PM
Re Dredd. Surely there is a clue in the angel's dialogue [spoiler]about "Anderson ... he shot me" .some sort of body-swap timey-wimey handwaving stuff?[/spoiler]
Yep.

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 September, 2020, 01:15:55 PM
If Ichabod doesn't give Dredd a magic horse as a gift for being such a good host (both meanings),  I'm going to be disappointed. "Whene'er yer most in need of succour, she'll come git ya, through fire or ice or time itsel. Reckon you've earned that much,  Sheriff".

Maybe you should be writing Judge Dredd.

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 September, 2020, 04:09:12 PM
Maybe you should be writing Judge Dredd.

Dear grud no, a nightmare for all concerned.

Leigh S

Hmm, I think you might be onto something there!  For me, I havent come round to "the wild ride" hypothesis of Dredd Epic enjoyment here, mainly because I think Dredd epics worth their salt have more to them, either in the set up and/or the execution in terms of shifting narrative, setting and tone

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 September, 2020, 01:15:55 PM

JayzusB.Christ

Aha. That makes a lot of sense.
Let's face it, nobody but [spoiler]Wagner or Grant would get to kill Anderson.[/spoiler]

Although, of course, [spoiler]she'd come back to life in a totally unnecessary spin-off story.  Pshaw.[/spoiler]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fenscape

Sorry folks but I still think its going to be a reset job - the story opens with Dredd in a sleep machine and we don't see him wake up. Its a great yarn but killing Anderson and exploding Dredd to power the engines is beyond mad. Warner and Grant would never sanction it IMHO.

sixmo

Quote from: Fenscape on 09 September, 2020, 10:36:44 PM
Sorry folks but I still think its going to be a reset job - the story opens with Dredd in a sleep machine and we don't see him wake up. Its a great yarn but killing Anderson and exploding Dredd to power the engines is beyond mad. Warner and Grant would never sanction it IMHO.

Look, we all saw what happened, [spoiler]Anderson is dead, Ichabod is double-dead, and Dredd is now some kind of toothy explosion monster, [/spoiler]and that's that. I suppose the story had a good run over the years. There'll be something new along next week I'd guess.  :o :o :o

However, I do have a sneaking feeling that I may be channeling Misery's Annie Wilkes next week
- "Have you all forgotten what happened last week? HE DIDN'T GET OUT OF THE COCK-A-DOODIE CAR!"

I have enjoyed the loopiness of this story and the art has been super. The only doubt that crossed my mind is that I think regular Dredd is probably scarier and more menacing than the toothy explosion monster version of him. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

IndigoPrime

A clue's probably in Prog 2020's lead strip being called Judge Spikeface.

Timothy

Called it.