Main Menu

Recent posts

News / Re: The Great Dante Readthroug...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 12:13:35 PM
Quote from: Illyana on Today at 12:06:09 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on Today at 10:06:08 AM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on Today at 09:46:00 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 18 May, 2024, 12:01:17 PMAnyway after a 2 weeks binge I'm up to podcast 32 

This is some serious listening work, dude!
I know but I was getting bored with the radio- I'll be lost once I'm caught up

We are so impressed! We are still planning another podcast to follow this one, but our subject matter idea has changed from a few years ago. The hope is to have it ready to go when this one ends 👍 🥲

Oh that is interesting. Look forward to hearing what you plan next. Colour me intrigued.
Last post by Illyana - Today at 12:06:09 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on Today at 10:06:08 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 18 May, 2024, 12:01:17 PMAnyway after a 2 weeks binge I'm up to podcast 32 

We are so impressed! We are still planning another podcast to follow this one, but our subject matter idea has changed from a few years ago. The hope is to have it ready to go when this one ends 👍 🥲
Film & TV / Re: Tim Burton Hints at Nemesi...
Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 11:46:31 AM
A different, live action version of our favourite warlock also pops up briefly in the video for Shriekback's Nemesis.
Books & Comics / Re: Recommended Comic shops th...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 11:25:27 AM
I've started coming around to Forbidden Planet. The last few orders I've made have had such robust packaging that I'm looking at stacking books in future and getting them from there. The only comparable packaging I've had has been from Reed, although the last HC I got from Reed had a ding, so FP actually wins for me.

(Oddly, the one book that had packaging I wasn't 100% OK with with the most expensive – the Kev Apex Edition. It arrived as expected, but the box was slightly too small for the Apex's card outer. Fortunately, the courier had handled it well though.)
General / Re: Mega City Book Club - a ne...
Last post by Eamonn Clarke - Today at 10:58:18 AM
and some Captain Carrot grail pages by Scott Shaw chosen by Keith Richardson.

Books & Comics / Re: Recommended Comic shops th...
Last post by Tjm86 - Today at 10:26:26 AM
We always used to say that Forbidden Planet was where you went to until you found out there were real comic shops out there.

Unfortunately these days so many of them have gone the way of the Dodo while FP somehow manages to survive in an even more neutered state than before. 

Mind you, that might be because I object to the sort of prices being charged these days since someone buggered up the exchange rate.  Not to mention that so much of what comes from the other side of the pond these days just doesn't seem worth the effort.
Film & TV / Re: New Doctor Who series
Last post by Tjm86 - Today at 10:20:32 AM
Quote from: Daveycandlish on 19 May, 2024, 06:58:59 PM
Quote from: Doomlord66 on 19 May, 2024, 01:09:41 PMAlso is it me ...?

It's you.

Yep, definitely.  No one else at all, just you ....

(What are we talking about?)
General / Re: 2000AD Original Art Thread
Last post by Trooper McFad - Today at 10:08:10 AM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on Today at 10:00:46 AMI'd hoped to have this framed and done ahead of Lawless but my framing dude has had to have his toe amputated(!!!) - but here's a magnificent Simon Fraser Hershey page with a glorious cityscape, fed up chief judges and my name on a badge to boot. The colour looks great IRL and this will look badass on my wall, eventually.

Great page - are you bringing your wallet to lawless 😂😂
Last post by Trooper McFad - Today at 10:06:08 AM

Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by broodblik - Today at 10:06:06 AM
A read a Swamp Thing comics when it came out but it was nothing that sticked for me. Again this might be a case of my younger days certain things I just did not find appealing enough. Not sure if I want to add another item to my ever-growing backlog jam.