Main Menu

The Walking Dead Season 10

Started by Keef Monkey, 17 October, 2019, 09:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Didn't see a thread for this, which seems unusual!

Only a couple of episodes in but the latter half of season 9 went a long way to bringing me back on board and I have to say TWD has gone from something I was finding a bit of a slog to something I actively enjoy putting on again.

It did make the mistake that the show seems to make quite often though, coming back after a break and starting with a bit of momentum and then hobbling itself a little by immediately making episode 2 a flashback episode. It didn't bother me personally but seeing as a common complaint is that long stretches go by without the story progressing it always surprises me to see them playing for time a little so early in a season.

Saying that I did enjoy episode 2, and it had some good Alpha/Beta stuff. So I'm currently more enthusiastic for the show than I have been in a long time, hopefully that continues!

MacabreMagpie

Same, I was actively hating it for a while but it's really regained my interest in the last year of the show.

Proudhuff

oh, didn't realise it was back from the dead! The death of the comic and the end of FearTWD must have confused me...
DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

Oh FTWD ended? I didn't realize, I'd been putting off watching it because two Walking Dead shows seemed more than I could juggle, but if it's finite now then it appeals a bit more.

EDIT: Just googled and I see it's renewed again, I'm guessing you meant the season ending!

Proudhuff

Aye  :D

end of that series, which was annoyingly a massive cliffhanger, which i thought was the penultimate episode so thought the final one would be a doozy  >:D
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

TBH I lost interest in it about mid way through season 8.  Still haven't worked up any enthusiasm for catching up.  I think Kirkman's decision to wind up the comic was probably the right one as well.  It was retreading quite a bit of ground and the old 'if it looks too good to be true it probably is' trope was starting to wear a little.  I wonder how much of his decision to pull the plug so dramatically was more down to  his  having lost interest and just decided to end it all.

Proudhuff

he's claimed it was decided ages ago, but he would say that! Looking at the work Charlie Adlard's done recently, his 'Life' book and some other comics it looks like they did make the decision a while back.
I think its amazing they kept it a secret. 
DDT did a job on me

hippynumber1

If it was a secret then I wouldn't go telling Charlie anything personal. I asked him about the ending at ICE last time he was there and he said it was written about three years ago!

Proudhuff

So having a sound track that  makes your ears bleed due to the excessive whingy content, excessive and aurally grating enough to hit the STFU button
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

in fact can't remember sending that... :-*
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 October, 2019, 10:35:33 AM

Episode 4 was a dogs dinner.
Comment sustained.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Link Prime on 31 October, 2019, 01:54:46 PM

Comment sustained.

Just watched it and liked it. A break in the escalating inter-colony tensions to do a bit of housekeeping.  No hugely dramatic plot twists or epic battles but a bit of catching up with the normal folk (if anyone can really be normal in a zombie apocalypse).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 November, 2019, 11:41:27 PM

Comment sustained.

Just watched it and liked it. A break in the escalating inter-colony tensions to do a bit of housekeeping.  No hugely dramatic plot twists or epic battles but a bit of catching up with the normal folk (if anyone can really be normal in a zombie apocalypse).

Yeah, I agree that's all well and good, but it was the structure of the episode that jarred - the constant scene / time jumping was a bit of a distraction - didn't help me engage with the stuff in between.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 November, 2019, 10:08:52 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 November, 2019, 11:41:27 PM

Comment sustained.

Yeah, I agree that's all well and good, but it was the structure of the episode that jarred - the constant scene / time jumping was a bit of a distraction - didn't help me engage with the stuff in between.

When it jumps around a lot my struggle is remembering who is at which settlement, I'm not sure if it's even confusing but I can't seem to get it set in my mind where everyone lives. My wife only half watches the show when she happens to be in the room and during this episode she was asking lots of 'oh so is X character at Hilltop now?' and I realized I had no idea because the locations have sort of mushed into on thing for me now!

I enjoyed the episode though, and thought this weeks was excellent. They're really doing well with Negan right now and while it started to get a little obvious how the episode was going to pan out it was still well executed and great to watch. I could watch Jeffrey Dean Morgan read the phone book though, love the guy.