Main Menu

Recent posts

Suggestions / Re: Release "Complete Judge Dr...
Last post by Richard - 29 May, 2024, 10:47:53 PM
But if that had happened, we would have missed out on some outstanding art by Will Simpson.
Last post by Leigh S - 29 May, 2024, 10:34:06 PM
According to the Titan collections the art should ahve been a double hander between Cam Kennedy and McCarthy - how cool would that have been!

But Cam was too busy with Outcasts and the Spectre for DC, so seems it was a last minute "all hands on deck" to fill the pages
Last post by Funt Solo - 29 May, 2024, 09:41:05 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 23 June, 2020, 03:12:02 PMOz Gallery

Click the image to see a larger version.

It'd be good if there was some kind of rotation feature for images, but you'll have to just tip your screen (or your heid) for that one. (I'm cheating a little with the Glenn Fabry one, which was circa Song of the Surfer, but it fits with the theme).

Liam Sharp (559)Barry Kitson (566)Will Simpson (567)

-------------------------------------

Barry Kitson (568)Liam Sharp (569)Glenn Fabry (662)

Bonus (Chris Weston, real prog 2011):

Last post by Funt Solo - 29 May, 2024, 09:36:45 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on 29 May, 2024, 08:11:16 PMI liked the Oz saga but I think it suffered a bit from having too many artists on it.

Interesting that this was celebrated at the time - and perhaps far more the norm. These days we expect the same artist to be on a strip for entire series of books. The Wilderlands crossover stuff felt odd jumping from Ezquerra to Hairsine.
Last post by Le Fink - 29 May, 2024, 08:11:16 PM
I liked the Oz saga but I think it suffered a bit from having too many artists on it. As well as the ones you've mentioned we've clearly got Cliff Robinson, Will Simpson and Jim Baikie, and Dave Elliot and Garry Leach are also listed on the Hachette volume. I say clearly because their styles are so distinctive, so it jars a bit moving from one to another.

It's understandable there are so many artists, as it's a long saga, 26 episodes, and artists have to provide a double page fully painted spread each episode, so we tend to get 2 or 3 episode parts before the next artist comes along. Still, I love the lunacy of the McCarthy episodes, most of the art is top-notch, and the painted spreads are often gorgeous.

It does make you wonder how on earth Carlos managed to do all of the Apocalypse War, and then Necropolis, by himself. Remarkable.
Games / Looks familiar…
Last post by Klegg Bait - 29 May, 2024, 07:34:35 PM
I think Devlin has been moonlighting as "The Technician".

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/two-little-mice/outgunned-2
General / Re: My name is Samuel C Slade ...
Last post by Funt Solo - 29 May, 2024, 06:38:25 PM
From sheridan's blog:

"A new catchphrase is introduced for Sam C Slade – the C stands for Crafty, Chirpy, Courage and Ch-ch-chicken."
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by karlos - 29 May, 2024, 05:36:44 PM
Great suggestions, AlexF!
Prog / Re: Prog 2384 - Urban Legend
Last post by Freddychopper - 29 May, 2024, 05:06:03 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 29 May, 2024, 12:55:03 PMCover without Logo:

That's a hell of a cover!