Main Menu

Artists wanted for my Solo SF comic project

Started by paulvonscott, 24 June, 2004, 09:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

This is a quick appeal for artists for something I'm working on, less action orientated than 2000AD, and working on largely different SF territory...

Well, after much tapping and tapping of keys, I have the last two main stories ready in script form for my (as yet untitled) SF comic, I'm working on.  Actually it does have a title and a lot more to it, but I'd rather play those cards close to my chest for the moment.

I have a futur post-apocalyptic wanderings story in a THX 1138/Logans Run sort of mood, which I have a pilot episode written. I'm thinking of a suitably arty/cinematic look for that.  I'm thinking slightly Siku-ish if anyone remembers the tree story in Judge Dredd or some of the Tales of Telguuth.

A serial about a post apocalyptic serial killer set in Northern England during the 23rd century.  That will have a very natural, gentle and realistic style hopefully.  A sort of John Ridgeway or a slightly less photo-realistic Arthur Ransom.

Both my thoughts on how it can look are changeable, and while I'm asking for artists who might want to work on these things, I'll be looking for artwork, which suits the strips over any other considerations.

All of these are serials so will require more than one episode.  I'm working on the idea of doing them in 8-page episodes, three-part arcs that mean it could in theory become an American format comic book.  I'd like the same artist on the first story for at least the first three episodes, and ideally the same for the story set in England, but that could cope with different artists each episode.  All episodes will be in B/W.  But I was thinking of maybe having the first of the two stories drawn in pencil only (just an idea).

Also there will be a number of one-off (possibly shorter) tales, in the first issue written by myself, and in future issues I hope to have guest writers, once the tone has been set.  One offs that are partially written include a space adventure strip, a murder mystery on a remote asteroid and a few others.  There may be an option to do some colour strip work on the one offs as well.

Strips already being worked on include a SF humour serial, a far future robot saga and a one-page humour strip.

Basically the comic will be just the sort of Science Fiction I'm interested in, self published (so no money unless it breaks small press records), and printed as the most recent Solar Wind with colour cover back and front and possible a little colour inside, as an A4 glossy comic.  I hope the work will stand out as being professional, or as near as professional as I can get it.  It will come out as often as I have work to fill it, if a serial slips (as these things regrettably happen) then I'll replace it with something else that issue.

Anyway, after that rather rambling account, anyone who is interested in possibly drawing some strips, please let me know.

Cheers

Paul

As always, artists are wanted for the Solar Wind
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cosmicrayscomic

Or The End is Nigh - the Apocalypse Comic I'm working on
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/last_headline/