Main Menu

Meg 222

Started by ukdane, 26 July, 2004, 05:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

Sent the missus to bed last night, got me cup of cocoa and waded through this - one of the best Megs ever!

Chris Weston is a genius!

Frazer is a magician!

But,

Drop the history of Dredd it is shite.

Dunk!

How stupid is Judge Dredd?

Have to admit I did expect a face-to-face encounter with PJ to raise Dredd's suspicions. Maybe (unavoidable) I'm giving him too much credit, but Dredd walking away from the encounter clueless didn't sit well with me. Also looking at any travel logs would reveal that the killings coincide with Maybe's new persona's visit.

Please let this be going somewhere. Dredd doesn't need a recurring Nemesis like the Joker to Batman or better still Moriaty to Holmes. All the really great Dredd baddies get judged sooner or latter, usually sooner.
"Trust we"

ukdane

Dredd doesn't need a recurring Nemesis like the Joker to Batman

I thought that role had already been filled by Judge Death!

All the really great Dredd baddies get judged sooner or latter, usually sooner.

IMO all the great Dredd baddies have re-occured at least once before dying, and the majority of them have also made an apperance in a mega epic of one form or another.
Cheers

-Daney

Dudley

Maybe's been judged, what, three times already?  Let the little fella have his fun!

Dunk!

?I thought that role had already been filled by Judge Death?

Used to be, but I?d say Deathy was far more Anderson?s nemesis now.

?IMO all the great Dredd baddies have re-occured at least once before dying?

The only ones that spring to mind are the Dark Judges and Mean & Fink Angel? Though there?s a big period in the mid-nineties when Dredd continuity was lost to me so I maybe wrong.

?Let the little fella have his fun?

Yeah you?re right. I?m biased ?cos I find PJ Maybe an irritating character, but then thinking it through that could be the whole point.
"Trust we"

Smiley

Six was a joy to read.

Charley's War... *ping!*, tank-meets-church for the first time!

None of the other stuff stands a chance against these classics really.

Devons Daddy

i loved six.
bloody excellent.the whole justice dept sucking up to him thing. superb.i did not have a problem with PJ and dredd meeting. politics are what they are, i felt it was a likely thing to take place.
such things as high investors hitting town, dragging dredd in for a party.the whole scenario was so real.why would a street judge looking for a psycho even think to look into a multi billionaire whom the accounts division is looking after.

over all the meg never misses a beat these days does it.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Bolt-01

Absolutely aces Meg, but....

/pedant mode

The Raptaurs are actually all copies of ALIEN stills, and I reckon I can find the stills relevant.

/pedant mode off

This is not to take away from Irvings cover, and as far as I am aware it may even be intentional, but I noticed and like a scab I cannot leave it till I've picked it open and let it bleed.

Helltrekkers is so much better now. I hated it with a passion at the time, because I thought it was serious. I'm laughing like a drain now though.

Bolt-01

El Spurioso

Bolt - I really, *really* hope you can prove an accusation like that, cos Fraze is a really lovely scruffy little pencil monkey right up until someone accuses him of plaguarising...

Remember what happened to Brian Bolland?  Pfffeeew....

[Prays for Bolt's immortal soul]

Trout

Heh, heh, heh.

I foresee some hair-pulling...
;-)

- Trout

The Amstor Computer

Bolt - I don't get what you mean by "copies". Do you mean the poses the Raptaur are in are the same as in stills from the movies?

frazer

ah, dear Bolt...(rubs smug hands together...) none, i repeat NONE of the raptaur images are taken from any sort of reference. I haven't seen any of the aliens flicks for some years now (not a big fan) and the last bit of reference i did was staring at a giger painting for the dredd aliens cover i drew over a year ago. The similarity between the poses i picked and any aliens shots is pure unadulterated coincidence...

F

Dudley

The similarity between the poses i picked and any aliens shots is pure unadulterated coincidence...

But, my dear Frazer, while I may believe your protestations rgarding Alien, there is another glaring movie reference.

Yes, my friends, I have to reveal that Frazer Irving - horrormeister extraordinaire, fiendish Lovecraftian imagineer and reinventor of the Gothick - is inspired by none other than...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/jamesdudley/grinch.bmp">

Jim Carrey's "The Grinch".

;)

frazer

Bolt-01

Fair do's Frazer.

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but I saw something that looked familiar and said so.

The ALIEN, sorry RAPTAUR body shape looks familiar to me but without more digging through books and stuff I'm not going to be able to place it.

I'll get back in my box.

Bolt-01