Main Menu

Terminator Salvation New Trailer

Started by Radbacker, 03 March, 2009, 12:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

:lol:

I think there's an irate actor knocking on your door to ask what's so funny...

Proudhuff

Went to see this last night, and even sitting in the very expensive seats couldn't make this above avaerage.

You'll have seen all the good bits except [spoiler:13xcqjvb]Arnies appereance[/spoiler:13xcqjvb]in the trailers, There are sooo many obvious plot holes and none of them linked to time lines they spoils the whole thing, but if you like that last Batman you'll love this: it has the same lack of vision and dreary colour scheme, (except those shining, shiney perfect hollywood teeth that all those post apoco' people seem to have)  petty I know, but even the great tankbuster flyer turns out to be a glamourous woman who shakes down her hair just like those commercials and John's partner seems to have used most of the world's supply of post nuke makeup too WTF?

And why oh why oh why don't the Terminators just rip the heads off humans instead of constantly throwing them about until they get close to the one thing that kills the T?

I must admit to laughing at some of cod speeches from JC (no not that saviour!) and the whole 'hey guys I know I'm not in command but hold off the attack until I say so' I even thought of Commando Forces at that point!

having said all that there are some cool bits the Croclike robots, the Hunter/Killers and the Granddaughter of Radar from MASH!
DDT did a job on me

Eric Plumrose

I actually preffered Terminator: Savlon to Drag My Sorry Arse to Hell.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Roger Godpleton

Saw it on Tuesday. Not especially bad but very boring. The thing that gets me is that the resistance [spoiler:3vdzaqek]let the awesome robot sacrifice himself for lame duck JC who spent most of the film's duration having his ass handed to him.[/spoiler:3vdzaqek]
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

Quoteif you like that last Batman you'll love this: it has the same lack of vision and dreary colour scheme

Which Batman was that then? Not one I recall seeing in the last few years.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

Theres something seriously wrong if i cant raise enough enthusiasm to go to the cinema to see this film.

Perhaps next week or at the weekend if i can be bothered.I probably wont bother though.

Either way i am not really interested.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

I think Peter is a budding Barry Norman

Devons Daddy

i liked it,

big stompy robots, quoted lines which made me smile and think YEH! nice use of CGI. no spoilers but a brought smile for me.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Keef Monkey

Liked it, but was pretty underwhelmed. It's like I knew the action scenes should be exciting me but it just wasn't happening, there's a real magic to filming and editing a great action sequence and while McG seems to be able to stage great set-pieces there's something missing from the execution and excitement levels really suffer. Also, while the action was slightly lacking it was unfortunately the best thing about it. The script was horribly clunky, just about every line spoken seemed pretty dumb, with the only memorable lines being the ones crowbarred in from the first movie. I know they do that to satisfy fans, but every fan in the cinema with me could be heard slapping their brows in dismay every time they tried it.

That all sounds horribly negative, but really I didn't hate it, it just wasn't the massively exciting return to form I wanted for the franchise. Better than 3, but not even fit to sit beside the first 2.

Plus, I thought it was just a Dark Knight thing, but is anyone else starting to realize that Bale can't really do shouty acting? I love the guy, he's great in everything he's in, but whenever he's supposed to be raising his voice he doesn't sound like he's raising his voice, he's just adding some gruffness to it and it just sounds a tad shit. It's like he wants to get across the notion that he's a bit pissed off, but doesn't want to annoy anyone in the next room.

Still, it's a Terminator movie, so I loved it, 10/10.

Dark Jimbo

I don't really understand the negative press this seems to have garnered. Not the greatest film ever by any means, but enjoyable enough from start to finish. Better than 3, at any rate, for doing something more than just reheating the plot of T2. The Marcus dude was so much cooler than John Connor.
@jamesfeistdraws

Professor Bear

Went to see this the other night, and while not a classic, it's a perfectly enjoyable film viewed in isolation - it's the connection to the previous efforts that scuppers it, I think, as there isn't any time travel element to the plot, and on the slim chance there's someone who hasn't seen any of the previous films and thus doesn't know about the time-travel element in those, it's entirely possible they won't have a clue why Kyle Reese is so important, as it's never spelled out he's John Connor's dad thanks to predestination paradox shenanigans in the preceding trilogy.
It's a bit generic in setting and tone, and there aren't many standout character moments, though there's an impressive single-shot sequence near the start when John Connor escapes from a Skynet bunker, hops in a helicopter, chases another chopper, then crashes - though the technical achievement is somewhat lessened by the heavy CGI usage.

On a tangentially-related note, McG starred as himself in an episode of Supernatural, and while I was expecting to see some kind of media-savvy poseur, he's actually as old as my dad - only not as well-dressed.

locustsofdeath!

For me this was just another case of my expectations never having a chance to be be met, and I went into the cinema knowing it - and hoping that would make this a little better. But, sadly, no.

Too many years of watching the first two, seeing those little snippets of the future and hearing more little bits from the characters, and in my head I built it up the way I felt it should be. So the final result was...well, not for me. The same thing happened with the Star Wars films. That's why I really don't like this new trend of Hollywood making prequel after prequel. Alien is next, and hopefully that will be better.

Tiplodocus

ASDA are flogging this for £4.71 at the moment so I took a punt thinking that at this price, it's worth the risk.

Sadly not.  Everything it does is wrong and the only bits that aren't are rehashed from the other movies (where they were done better - even in T3).  It even manages to make helicopters blowing up look boring. It has no heart and believes that an explosion equals drama (hence people don't open doors, they blow them off hinges; she doesn't release Marcus, she pulls a lever that drops him 100ft to the floor then swings on chains down to the bottom of teh chasm to finsih off releasing him; hence Connor doesn't visit his command post, he dives off a helicopter into a raging storm and swims to a submarine).

There's a stupidly extended sequence of Marcus and Glamourous pilot being chased around the worlds most ineffective minefield being pursued by the worlds worst shots that ends with them just letting characters go.  Five minutes of dull explosions for no reasons.

I really can't see how this got any positive praise.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, I forgot, another Sam Worthington film.