Main Menu

Started by planetoid, 09 August, 2009, 01:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 August, 2009, 08:06:52 AM
Does anybody read lips?

Does anybody know what the blue fellow is asying when he rushs towards the glass wondow in the operating theatre or is he just snarling.

why not watch the trailer?

IAMTHESYSTEM

Does anybody know what the blue fellow is asying when he rushs towards the glass wondow in the operating theatre or is he just snarling.

'They may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!'

Nah I think that was Braveheart. Alright folks. After my initial shock at what looked to me like a Thundercat turned drug addict and having watched the trailer a few more times, I'm feeling a little bit more positive towards this one now.

I didn't know that the Avatar was in effect re-sleeving ala 'Altered Carbon' style. Oh well Cameron 'borrowed' the beginning of the Terminator from Harlan Ellison's Soldier an episode of The Outer Limits and the beginnings do look pretty similar when you view them together. Still their respective scripts then greatly diverge The Outer Limits one into 'Family values' territory no less, Cameron's into a blastathon.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

planetoid

Avatar - two mins - leaked onto Youtube. Footage is not high quality but you can see the amazingly life-like CGI facial movement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5LyXiFUSbI

He still looks a bit silly though.  :D

the shutdown man

I just went to see Final Destination 3D (don't judge me) and they showed the Avatar trailer in 3D. Seeing it in its intended form definitely makes a difference.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

the shutdown man

New trailer's up, it'll be out officially tomorrow but this is the international version. Pretty much the same thing with subtitles. Either way, miles better than the first one, and consider me sold.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/avatar/international-trailer
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Graham Pearce

WOW!  :o

That's much more like it! Even on my crappy computer screen that looks incredible, I cant begin to think how impressive it will be in 3D on a cinema screen.

roll on December!
Twitter: @mrgrahampearce
www.sgtmikebattle.co.uk

COMMANDO FORCES

Seems like we humans are horrible all the time, it's just the Brazillian rainforest story with a Future Shock make over.

I know, I know, before you say it but what was that idiot doing drinking a cup of hot beverage in an helicopter gunship whilst launching the attack ::)

Saying that I'll still watch it

Roger Godpleton

You do realise, Mr Forces, that Alex Garland is taking notes on your pedantry and is planning on peppering the new Dredd script with myriad intentional errors just for you, right?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

Mike Gloady

Ah, I can just see CF's little face contorting in rage!

"WHAT?  NOOOOOO!  WHY is Dredd drinking a cup of synthi-caff while mowing down jaywalkers with bike cannons?  He didn't even SAY "BIKE CANNON!!!!!" Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggh!!!!!"

Yep, that sounds fun.  Go to it, Garland. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Radbacker

yes even more sold on this now.  Was going to see it anyway but this just earned it self a trip to the big smoke to see it in 3D (unless our cinema manages to upgrade in time). 
Sledge Hammer message time though

CU Radbacker