Main Menu

Al Ewing interview on FP

Started by Richmond Clements, 14 May, 2009, 12:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Bolt-01

I thought Tharg said he killed Al, and spread his intestines across the seven nebulas.... Or was that Jeph Loeb?

Mardroid

QuoteMatt was of the opinion last time I talked to him that it [Dead Signal] didn't need a sequel. I could certainly carry on the story, and that was the original plan, but doing more Dead Signal seems a bit less important as time goes on.

Hmm. I rather liked Dead Signal (although it was very confusing at the end.)  It left plenty of unanswered questions and suggested more to come. I sort of know what he means by 'less important as time goes by' though. It's something I liked at the time, but I'm rather enjoying other stuff at the moment and I'm not that fussed.

Trout

"I'll be in the prog on and off all year"

Sounds good to me.

ozebane

Awesome interview. Al really is an absolute gem in the UK comics scene.
It's a pity he won't be doing any more for UK Marvel, but I'm glad to hear of more novels and Tempest.

Professor Bear

Quotethe Marvel Adventures line is probably the thing that gives me the most hope for the comics industry at the moment simply because it exists, it's growing and it's great. It's rapidly becoming the 'real' Marvel Universe in my eyes, just by unassumingly being so ace.

^this^

So good to see a writer who doesn't think the Marvel all-ages stuff is beneath them.  I agree with the comments about it being the 'real' Marvel universe, too, what with the 'proper' books being increasingly insular and impenetrable to me - and I say that as someone who actually reads them and know who the characters are.
My favorite line from Al's Ant-Man: "oh no - I'm being swallowed by this portal!  If only I had become a doctor of arts!  Curse you, dyslexia!"