Main Menu

lost song title needed,hive mind mighty oracle please.

Started by Devons Daddy, 20 May, 2009, 03:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

hello board

possibly 80s maybe early 90s.
one hit wonder, about a lad, his parents are out, his gf has came over, its  a tale of how the evening goes, then the phone rings, its a wrong number, his world is shattered, (we all know the moment,) final songws lyrics go something like.
the stereo is on ten. the lights are up.(crowd sings OH NO)
some reason the words rossana.hossana,johanna come to mind.  that may be way off, i lost a chunk of memory recently so that may be wildly wrong.

the accordion is the main instrument i think. its a bit euro drinking song singalong type of party fun.
i have tried all the regular search engines, now turn to the ultimate, the 2k version of BIG THINK,M,A,C. our hive mind.

answers here on a postcard please!
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Jim_Campbell

Could it be the cunningly titled "Rosanna" by Toto?

Be warned, the link above is 5:27 of the 80s at their most cheese-tastic.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

worldshown

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "worldshown"Possibly "Susanna" by the Art Company?

The winner!

Cheers

Jim

House of Usher

Ugh. There's no accounting for taste. Odd to think anyone would want to hear it again! I like the piano hook.

Not surprisingly, this piece of shite came up as a 'related' video.

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGikhmjTSZI&feature=related
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Aaaargh! You bugger-heads!! Now I'm wallowing in trash nostalgia and euro-shite pop!

A trawl of youtube turned up Opus - Live is Life, Samantha Fox - Touch Me, Sabrina - Boys Boys Boys, Baltimora - Tarzan Boy, Alphaville - Big in Japan, and Modern Talking - Brother Louie.

Ugh. I'm putting on a CD of Hatful of Hollow by The Smiths as an antidote. I'll start with Handsome Devil.

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63gug4yq9ks
STRIKE !!!

Bouwel

Is it a good or bad thing that I know none of the bands listed?

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Minkyboy

A good thing Bouwel, trust me.

"Bugger-heads"

Made me laugh!

I will endeavour to use this phrase today as much as possible.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

TheEdge

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - Know YOUR ENEMY

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smim2MNvF8

or if you really need it

Beastie BOYS SABOTAGE

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4PN7Xbexq4

thread fixed...... :mrgreen:

ps watch Devons Daddy's avatar while listening to Gonna make you sweat by C C music factory
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "House of Usher"Not surprisingly, this piece of shite came up as a 'related' video.

Ah ... but this in turn prompted me to look up Laibach's version as an antidote, which then caused me to waste a very entertaining half an hour sampling the delights of Laibach's repertoire of bonkers cover versions. See their version of Sympathy for the Devil if further illustration is required ...

Cheers!

Jim

I, Cosh

Quote from: "House of Usher"A trawl of youtube turned up Opus - Live is Life, Samantha Fox - Touch Me, Sabrina - Boys Boys Boys, Baltimora - Tarzan Boy, Alphaville - Big in Japan, and Modern Talking - Brother Louie.[/url]
I was at school with a lad who used to always go on about how that was the perfect soundtrack to the defence of Dan Tanna Junction. I never really knew how to reply.

More Opus tomfoolery.
We never really die.

Dandontdare

Quote from: "The Cosh"
Quote from: "House of Usher"A trawl of youtube turned up Opus - Live is Life, Samantha Fox - Touch Me, Sabrina - Boys Boys Boys, Baltimora - Tarzan Boy, Alphaville - Big in Japan, and Modern Talking - Brother Louie.[/url]
I was at school with a lad who used to always go on about how that was the perfect soundtrack to the defence of Dan Tanna Junction. I never really knew how to reply.

What, that exact play list (which would be more than freaky) or one song in particular? I'm intrigued!

I, Cosh

Quote from: "dandontdare"

What, that exact play list (which would be more than freaky) or one song in particular? I'm intrigued!
Arf. The one in bold. He reserved Big in Japan for rereading The Warlord.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

More Opus tomfoolery.

You should have just humoured the unfortunate individual.

"Yes .. ..yes of course it is ....."

Perhaps the song in question could be used as a kind of defence system because if you amplified it through a PA system it would be enough to drive anyone away .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Devons Daddy

KISSES TO THE BOARD

i bow to your brillance!!!!
suzzanna
QuotePossibly "Susanna" by the Art Company?

i had two  strokes, parts of my brain where damaged, thats my excuse!!!
many thanks team. perfect.
sadly about to go to itunes and buy that now.  :mrgreen:
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!