Main Menu

V - trailer

Started by Goaty, 21 May, 2009, 01:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Buttonman

I'm a bit so so on this. Liked the original mini seires with the second less good and the TV series shite. Hopefully Mike Donovan and Michael Ironside will show up and kick ass.

Professor Bear

It makes me think of the Flash Gordon tv series of a year or two back - and I don't think it helps that it looks really cheap.  Professional tv sponds should be at the point now where they know what works visually for the budget they've allocated, otherwise it suggests either low standards, or amateur hour in the production office.
Calling them 'The V's' is a bit too forced for my taste, too.

Richmond Clements

I dunno, the spaceships look cool.

but what ot really needs, of course is:

Matt Timson

Quote from: "Professah Byah"It makes me think of the Flash Gordon tv series of a year or two back - and I don't think it helps that it looks really cheap.  Professional tv sponds should be at the point now where they know what works visually for the budget they've allocated, otherwise it suggests either low standards, or amateur hour in the production office.

Come on!  It didn't look anywhere near as bad as that!

I agree that calling them Vs is a bit rubbish though.  I'll still give it a go- mainly because I really fancy the bird out of Firefly and the bird out of lost.  And did I see the bird out of Smallville as well?  What's not to like?
Pffft...

dweezil2

The original was kitsch, soapy fun but hardly aspired to anything more substantial than Dallas meets Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. This looks like it's gone for the recent Battlestar Galactica update route. I'll give it a chance.
Also, it proves that Davis Icke was right all along!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

ThryllSeekyr

QuoteHopefully Mike Donovan and Michael Ironside will show up and kick ass.

I think they should cameo as the alien hi-rarchy.

QuoteIt makes me think of the Flash Gordon tv series of a year or two back - and I don't think it helps that it looks really cheap.

I haven't seen the full run of that yet, but from the teasers, trailers and leaked footage. I know it's awfull. The new approach is certainly polished, like alot of the Sci/Fi of today. While dropping the pulp comic trademarks that might have allowed this short lived series be more of a success. Of the few changes that have been made to some of characters. Ming and Dr Zarkoff! The revisions to their images, contributed to some of thee spoiling even if it's just a cosmetic change. From what I saw I didn't even think they were good analoges to the originals, but the biggest mistake was replacing the rocket with a dimesional gateway.

Quotehttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/movengeance/V-Diana.jpg?t=1242935061

They should let her cameo as a human woman.

I thought the trailer looked promicing & I'm now looking forward to seeing this myself. Although, I do have a few misgivings it will turn out to be another "Battlestar Galactica". and if it does they should consider making both sci/fi flops into one big crossover.  Like I could imagine that in a plot twist those Battlestar Galacticans had evolved as Reptilians and they don't show this until they return....Something like that if you understand my meaning.

As for the original series, I lived it up to certain stage. Didn't they sack the original writers afer the first season had finished. Re-employing cheap labour. I thought it was getting abit silly towards the end.

Don't know why the aliens bothered with the human disguises when were exposed and started being up front about it. Except for the purposes of spying, and further infiltration.

I also thought they are pretty sloppy at fighting or was that only in cold weather.

Their weird sounding alien voices that they would often revert to using amongst their own kind or captives they were about to kill.

I thought hissing every now and again might be the way to go

the shutdown man

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Although, I do have a few misgivings it will turn out to be another "Battlestar Galactica". and if it does they should consider making both sci/fi flops into one big crossover

I assume you're referring to the original Galactica, since one of the most critically praised TV shows of modern times can't really be called a flop. Now, if you don't like it, that's a different matter....

I like the look of this anyway. Some of the CGI is a bit ropey, but I like the whole idea of the aliens slowly taking over the media, and religion. There's a review up at aintitcool which says the pilot is pretty good.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Professor Bear

Didn't Aintitcool slag off the BSG pilot something rotten, though?
That trailer also reminds me heavily of Earth: Final Conflict, with the media-savvy aliens controlling the press and people worshipping them for their healing powers and technology.  That had more or less the same story progression as the original V, but with with action standing rather than blokes running around shooting lasers.

Mardroid

Quote from: "Matt Timson"
Quote from: "Professah Byah"It makes me think of the Flash Gordon tv series of a year or two back - and I don't think it helps that it looks really cheap.  Professional tv sponds should be at the point now where they know what works visually for the budget they've allocated, otherwise it suggests either low standards, or amateur hour in the production office.

Come on!  It didn't look anywhere near as bad as that!

I agree. The tone is completely different from the new Flash Gordon as well.

QuoteI'll still give it a go- mainly because I really fancy the bird out of Firefly and the bird out of lost.  And did I see the bird out of Smallville as well?  What's not to like?

I recognized the lady from Lost straight away. The new Diana rang a bell, but I couldn't place her. Thanks,now I know who you mean. (Show's what a change of hairstyle can do.)

zombemybabynow

Me and David Icke can't wait!!
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

ThryllSeekyr

QuoteI assume you're referring to the original Galactica, since one of the most critically praised TV shows of modern times can't really be called a flop. Now, if you don't like it, that's a different matter....

No, I quite like classic BSG, better than classic V at which I willl now change the channel instead of watching.

I do recall showing the same interest in the new BSG when the promos were being shown for it and then being disspointed with it after the first few seasons.

So I 'm prepared to feel the same way about this new V series or feature film.

Regarding the new BSG.

To give credit where it's due. I still thought the speical effects are good. With regards to how much the spaceship/robotic Cylon sequences have been improved. The characters are not as likeable this time round and anything shown planet side spoils the rest of show. Because It then looks some other American soap.

QuoteThat trailer also reminds me heavily of Earth: Final Conflict,

I thought the new V trailer reminded me of this --made for television-- film a few years back.

//http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Milivojevic-MacDonald-OHalloran-Wasserman/dp/B000H6SXTW

About some astronauts returning fo Earth from a space misson with a cargo hold full of alien eggs. They turn out be insectoid aliens disguised as the astronauts in a fashion similer to how the aliens were disquised in V. Walking around in their human suits. With more alien agenda of slowly abducting peopple in positions of power and replacing them with more of their own. Of course, nobody knew they were aliens at all until they were revealed for what they were and so weren't really trying to sell themselves to humanity as freindly visitors, but as the successful astronauts and people in positions of power that they had already replaced.

I guess alien humanoid insects are that more horrific than alien humanoid reptiles with their reversion to "clicking and popping" when they talk amongs themslves.  

Back on topic....

After Goggling for more information on the new V show I read that they said hey were making new film as well as the series. I'm not sure if they meant a television pilot or big screen cinematic.