Main Menu

Which Forbidden Planet site do you visit?

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 31 May, 2009, 01:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Eric Plumrose

Denmark Street, mainly. Although I'll pop by St. Giles from time to time.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Buttonman

Neither website but I do ocassionally visit the Glasgow store when I need a limited edition Beetlejuice action figure.

Funny Eric mentioned St Giles as I was in London yesterday and passed right by it. More interested in the nearby Marquis of Granby pub which I thought was a ficticious. Wonder if it still rides it's horse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bryk2m586g

The Monarch

I did used to go to glasgows store until their pathetic filing system lost me far too many comics and I just said screw that and went to A1 comics instead and I haven't turned back (except for the very odd times when a1 sells out of something I want and then I have to go back)

Professor Bear

Quote from: "The monarch"I did used to go to glasgows store until their pathetic filing system lost me far too many comics and I just said screw that

An oddly familiar story: is their filing system by any chance "throw stuff in a cubby-hole but take it out again to give to mates, fill other standing orders, or just to read it myself if I don't fancy walking to the shelves"?

Colin YNWA

I avoid Forbidden Planet as much as possible these days. In Sheffield they charge 25p more for a regular comic than The Space Centre which is a great shop. FP has been a bit rubbish for years.

Shakara

FP used to be the only place in Sheffield that I could find the Extreme Editions. Now I've no call to go there. It's tiny and out-of-the-way and very expensive. Will love the chain forever though from when I was younger visiting Bristol with cash in hand and beady beady eyes.

I, Cosh

Quote from: "The monarch"I did used to go to glasgows store until their pathetic filing system lost me far too many comics and I just said screw that and went to A1 comics instead and I haven't turned back (except for the very odd times when a1 sells out of something I want and then I have to go back)
A1's more of a toy shop than FP!
We never really die.

TheEdge

I've always wondered if they are teh same

Internaional and not!!
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "TheEdge"I've always wondered if they are teh same
Internaional and not!!
They were, but they're not anymore.

Bolt-01

Buddy

Quote from: "IndigoPrime"
Quote from: "TheEdge"I've always wondered if they are teh same
Internaional and not!!
They were, but they're not anymore.

Good to see Mal getting a mention as the Manager of the Belfast store... he'll either be well chuffed that someone actually knows who he is or incredibly embarrased that someone actually knows who he is.

TheEdge

i was in one in sheffield and it took me tens mins to realise it was an International and not an ordinary planet
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Dark Jimbo

I love the Southampton store. The whole downstairs is nothing but wall-to-wall graphic novels, and then some more graphic novels for good measure.
@jamesfeistdraws