Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Clearly a lot chummier round your way than here TB ... we'd get scoffed AT here rather than it scoffed if you catch my meaning. Which is rather depressing actually.

Not all is lost as the meat was not meat (but fake meat and is therefore not in danger of going off) and the par-boiled veg can possibly be soupified but the brokeness still is a mystery...

JamesC

Could be the element in the oven has gone which may have tripped a breaker or blown a fuse also (if the hobs and fan have gone off). Replacing an element is dead easy - you can get the product number of the oven from a sticker that's usually on the side of the oven door, order a new element and follow a Youtube video to replace it.

Noisybast

Not dealing with my sudden and unexplained singledom very well. It turns out I was rather attached to this one.

Logically, I know there's nothing I can do about it and I should just move on. Unfortunately, my body and brain are ganging up on me. I'm not sleeping, I'm turning the whole thing over and over in my head, looking for even the vaguest hint of an explanation, and I'm producing industrial quantities of adrenaline, which is leaving me fidgety, restless and irritable. To put this in some kind of context: I've been to the gym four times in the last week, just to give me an outlet. It hasn't helped.

Also unhelpful is the sudden and prolonged disappearance of all my friends, who I could *really* do with going for a drink with. I had to make do with a poor quality work's do on friday, which just made me feel worse. You know it's been a particularly bad weekend when you're glad to get back into work on Monday morning...  :'(

*Edited to add: I have, at least, resisted the urge to contact her directly. I messaged her sister, to arrange to return some stuff and make sure she was doing OK. The sister - while not saying anything specific and sounding superficially sympathetic - made it very clear I should probably just go away.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

TordelBack

Ah Noisy man, that's grim.  Don't know what to suggest, except to track down your mates and force them into assisting you with achieving alcoholic amnesia, and wait it out: you know it'll get easier with time.  My sympathies in the meantime. 

Theblazeuk

Holiday time?

On your bill if needed, they can be fun too.

Richmond Clements

Noisy - you know I've been there and it ain't easy. I know it doesn't really help now, but it *does* get better. Hang in there, man.

Noisybast

I know - the logical bit of my mind is saying "just suck it up and give it time - it will pass". Unfortunately, it's being bullied mercilessly by the wanky emotional bit of my mind. Arsebiscuits...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

TordelBack

Quote from: Noisybast on 27 October, 2014, 03:19:13 PM
I know - the logical bit of my mind is saying "just suck it up and give it time - it will pass". Unfortunately, it's being bullied mercilessly by the wanky emotional bit of my mind. Arsebiscuits...

Ritual of Kohlinar, that's what you need.

Tiplodocus

You boys have better strength of character than me if all of these things are minor impediments. I'd be putting most of them in the Spugs thread.

Hang on in there and get better to all of you.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JamesC

Noisybast, just make sure you look after yourself. I was in a similar position in my late twenties and almost drank and smoked myself into a very dark place.
My only advice would be to try to do something positive everyday - maybe revisit an old hobby or just do some volunteer work or something.

Mattofthespurs

I've been there and it's not a happy place.
I'm loathed to say it, considering your situation, but I was bang on lucky and after a few days of the split I got back with her (I was with her for 4 years before the break up). It lasted a few days (the break up),then I ran into her again and managed to convince her to give me a second chance.

Now married 21 years and been together (bar 3 days) for just over 30 years.

There is always hope. And where there is no hope there is always alcohol.

I have probably missed my calling as a counsellor.

Actually, best you probably ignore me completely.

I'll go away now but I know you will get better. We all do eventually.

Hugs.

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

The Legendary Shark

Sorry, Noisy - I got no advice for you that isn't either obvious or condescending so I'll spare you that at least.
Not much I can do with that sort of pain other than sympathise and let you know that I understand. My best to you, Noisy, and the best of luck be yours as you move forward.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Batman's Superior Cousin

Been single all my life Noisy, so I wouldn't know how you feel. Sorry!!! :'(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

CrazyFoxMachine

Oh Noisy that's terrible. Gutting to hear it but yes, you're not alone in the least - which should not trivialise your pain but rather allow you to embrace it. This will pass.