Main Menu

RIP W. R. Logan

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 21 May, 2016, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Utterly, utterly stunned by this. I met Stewart a number of times at various comics events and I liked him a lot. He knew his stuff and he was a good guy. Gutted.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Pete Wells

I've just wrote a short piece on him on the ECBT2000AD blog. I probably haven't done him justice but I'm sure there'll be more tributes to come...

https://2000ad.wordpress.com/2016/05/22/stewart-perkins-farewell-judge-logan/

COMMANDO FORCES

That's really sums him up Pete. Well done!

I've had one of the old regulars from these parts Peter Wolf contact me via twitter and he wanted to pass on the following message.

QuoteAnyways given my problematic+disruptive conduct on the forum back then+the fractious exchanges w/ WR Logan i met him once at a gathering+while i had reservations abt it i was amazed at how different he was+how pleasant he was to what i expected to happen felt this was worth pointing out and in doing so i offer my condolences to his friends+family+the forum

Radbacker

never met the man but met lots of the fan, one of the first names that I started to recognise when I first started to lurk in the forum and never a more knowledgeable Dredd fan have I met, truly saddened to hear about this and condolences to his family.
RIP Logan  :'(

Radbacker (Krestel)

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

TordelBack

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 May, 2016, 02:24:51 AM

I've had one of the old regulars from these parts Peter Wolf contact me via twitter and he wanted to pass on the following message.

QuoteAnyways given my problematic+disruptive conduct on the forum back then+the fractious exchanges w/ WR Logan i met him once at a gathering+while i had reservations abt it i was amazed at how different he was+how pleasant he was to what i expected to happen felt this was worth pointing out and in doing so i offer my condolences to his friends+family+the forum

Heh, I was re-reading some of the old Logan/Wolf exchanges over the weekend. Crippen and Turk they weren't! Good to hear there was a happy ending of sorts, and classy of Peter to make that acknowledgement.

More generally, those archives make for some reading - both here and on dear old a.c.2000AD. Over and over you can see Logan just churning out the precise Dredd references and page after page of relevant scans to answer any queries. It's worth remembering that 'grumpy fucker' was a moniker he took for himself, and it was (almost) always used in good humour. Even while not suffering fools gladly, he was polite and to the point (at least at the start!).  Ní feicimid a leithéad ann arís.

Prodigal2

Just to add condolences.

Reading all this as a 2000AD 5 year old I am so conscious of how far so many of you go back and how meaningful the contact has been between you. Sorry for all your loss.

Endjinn

Just heard this message on Twitter. I only ever met Logan once, at a Dreddcon over a decade ago, but this news still shocked me. He helped me out when I was writing a dissertation on 2000AD and I almost certainly didn't thank him (and everyone else who helped out) nearly as much as he deserved.

RIP.

paddykafka

My sympathies to his family, friends and fellow Forumites.

Satanist

My condolences to friends and family.

RIP Logan.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tweak72

Sad news. Condolences to his family.
Sad day for the Law.
Stewart Perkins. Judge W. R. Logan.
He will be remembered.

Tweak
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Wils

Still immensely shocked and saddened after hearing this on Saturday. Stewart was a great bloke and as well as knowing him from way back at the time of the alt.comics.2000ad newsgroup and then the messageboard, I had the pleasure of sharing several pints with him at various conventions over the years. As well as being a fount of Dredd knowledge, he was also one of the very few people who pronounced my nickname correctly from the off (with a hard s and not as 'Wilz').

Mine and Malchi's hearts go out to Deborah and his family at what must be a devastating time for them.

Farewell, Logan. May your Lawgiver always fire true.

La Placa Rifa.

Judge Nutmeg

R.I.P W.R. Logan , condolences to his family

Tiplodocus

Shocked at this. RIP. Condolences to family and friends.  A good  fella gone.

(I remember Granny Logan at Moniaive).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

petemaskreplica

A lovely guy, and the soul of 2K fandom, really. I was going to say I have many happy memories of him at cons Dredd, Shed, etc, but it'd be more accurate to say I have one amorphous booze-stained smudge of half-remembered moments. Which I'm sure is how he'd want it. RIP Stewart.