Main Menu

Hanging plot threads you would like to see addressed

Started by Hawkmumbler, 24 June, 2016, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

When you've got a weekly comic thats been runing for 40 years, and a sister magazine thats been runing for 20 odd, there are bound to be a few dangling plot threads you'd like to see concluded.

In terms of Dredd alone there are a shit ton, Rico and Koburns curse by Gilla Bruja, where Michal Carroll was going with the space corps story line, former chief judge Silver's ghost, so on and so forth.

Professor Bear

Outlaw was never finished.
Bec and Kawl finished before they got to do any jokes.
There was some Sino-City plot from 1990s Dredd by Mark Millar that made it clear (just in case his career since hasn't) that he was the one keen to replicate the anarchic energy of the home video action movie market of the time and Grant Morrison was just using that as a soundbite while cashing his cheques.
We never saw the original Rogue Trooper after Friday was introduced - WE NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN I SAID - until he was soft-rebooted in the mid-2000s, or what Friday did after he went into that wormhole.
We also never saw how Armored Gideon regenerated into Shakara.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Nobody's mentioned Dan Dare yet...

How did Torquemada die on the telegraph wire if he hadn't been sent back in time and was trapped as part of a gestalt entity with Nem and Seth for a million years?

Zenith 666

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Trent

Gordon Rennie's Dreddverse building didn't lead to a payoff although Day of Chaos probably superceded it.

The Adventurer

On Rennie Dredd, I recall some plot line stuff with Vienna at the center. Between Bloodlines and Gunther being turned into a cyborg. Did that ever fully conclude?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Grugz

Quote from: ZenArcade on 24 June, 2016, 05:19:49 PM
:o Vanguard. Z

YES! didn't molcher PROMISE to stick that in a floppy in a recentish podcast??? seriously loved that and was sad it didn't get concluded at all.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Adventurer on 24 June, 2016, 07:12:09 PM
On Rennie Dredd, I recall some plot line stuff with Vienna at the center. Between Bloodlines and Gunther being turned into a cyborg. Did that ever fully conclude?
Vienna's baby? I can't quite remember weather that got resolved...

TordelBack

Every subplot and every supporting character's story in The Red Seas that was unceremoniously dumped in the race to the finish - and they were the best bits, Jack was never that interesting. I'm still waiting on an epilogue.

Exactly what trouble Freddie Waugh got himself into.

Colin YNWA

Yeah three that have been mentioned already

Lobster Random
Cabs Inc.
Vanguard

Heath C Ackley

And did we ever find out what happened to that Black Hawk fella?
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Dash Decent

Did the stuff with the Kazan clone have a conclusion?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.