Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Seriously, why are they bothering with Samantha Slade at all? It's the worst thing to appear in the prog since Rebellion took over.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 25 June, 2022, 01:27:32 PM
Seriously, why are they bothering with Samantha Slade at all? It's the worst thing to appear in the prog since Rebellion took over.

How quickly we forget Stalag 666!

IndigoPrime

I thought it was variable, albeit between readable and terrible. I know some folks here like it, but, yeah, it's an odd one. Perhaps it's a low-effort volume in the files being readily accessible and the brand (Sam Slade) appealing. Compare to, say, Armoured Gideon, which would have presumably required scanning/cleaning up and also isn't well known at all.

davidbishop

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 June, 2022, 02:16:20 PM

Or Dead Man Walking!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: davidbishop on 25 June, 2022, 03:33:32 PM

Or Dead Man Walking!

I've said it before and I'll say it again I like Dead Man Walking. Don't listen to Bishop it's not like he has any to say on the matte...

...the want...

...writer you say...

...oh...

Well I still like it...

Proudhuff

What was that?
DDT did a job on me

Bad Andy

Most of my copies are still in cellophane so I'm getting through reading them in fits and starts.

am struggling with ABC Warriors though. Just started Book 3 after slogging through 2. Maybe its because every episode feels quite packed. I think it's one of those strange strips that is actually better weekly rather than collected.

In comparison I'm streaking through SinDex 3.

sintec

Quote from: Bad Andy on 26 June, 2022, 04:16:16 PM
Most of my copies are still in cellophane so I'm getting through reading them in fits and starts.

am struggling with ABC Warriors though. Just started Book 3 after slogging through 2. Maybe its because every episode feels quite packed. I think it's one of those strange strips that is actually better weekly rather than collected.

In comparison I'm streaking through SinDex 3.

I found Khronicles Of Khaos and Hellbringer a bit of a slog. They look gorgeous but the story is not Pat's finest hour. For me things picked up after that, which is about the middle of this volume.

Richard

Jade Falcon

I read the Ro-Busters book and it was nice that the Starlord stories were included.  No offence to the 2000ad artists but I really liked the Starlord art, though the 2000ad stuff was very good.

I can swear there's a story in that book that wasn't in the 'phone book' edition I have.

I am guessing that the books listed are the final ones, we won't be getting another extension?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 02 July, 2022, 06:57:25 PM
I am guessing that the books listed are the final ones, we won't be getting another extension?

They've not announced anything else yet so right now there are 8 more deliveries (16 books) for subscribers. Of course they could post up tomorrow that they've decided to add another 10-20 books. Not sure how much notice they generally give of these things. List of remaining titles (in no particular order) is:

ABC Warriors vol 8
Strontium Dogs vol 3
Blackhawk
Leviathan + Necronauts
Dredd
Finn Vol 2
Devlin Waugh
Blunt
Ro-busters vol 1
Ro-busters vol 2
Revere + The Dead
Samantha Slade
Sinister Dexter Vol 5
Sinister Dexter Vol 6
Sinister Dexter Vol 7
<one unknown volume... please be Stickleback vol2>

Swerty

I sort of hope they add another 20 or so.There's plenty more to add.Be sad to see it go

IndigoPrime

I think it's been a great success but the second extension is objectively worse than the first. The question now is what's left. Diminishing returns? And I mean that in every sense. Subscribers will drift. What's left in the pot is worse quality fare, for the most part. And those comics will require more effort to get into print.

I'm hard pressed to think of anything beyond Armoured Gideon I'd have bought in another extension, aside from a couple of series being 'completed' (most notably Kingdom).

moly

I can't see enough quality for another 10 books, but if they did extend I'd need to know what would be included to stay onboard

Jade Falcon

I must admit that I'm really starting to flag.  I'm always looking for new reading material, but I started the second Fall of Deadworld book last night and though I'd been looking forward to it, I'm finding it a bit of a slog.  It's not the most uplifting of material and seems rather chaotic.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov