Main Menu

Nemesis the Warlock hardcover reprint and volume two

Started by IndigoPrime, 29 September, 2020, 12:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oshii

Biggest thing for me was them putting the dimensions on!   When I'm treble (or is it quad with Nemesis) dipping, I want to know that the books are going to look nice and be the same size

Note for collectors: the dimensions of these books—approx. 21cm × 28cm—is about the same as the Fall of Deadworld volumes, and a similar height to oversized hardcovers from other publishers that you might have in your collection.

Tomwe

It's the standard HC size for Rebellion isn't it? Like the America Lost & Found & Mek Files volumes.

IndigoPrime

Yeah, I added that line to the press release, because I figured people would find it useful. 28cm tall is essentially the standard these days for OS HCs—all my Marvel/DC ones fall into that as well, as do quite a few image HCs. 2000 AD's page dimensions are different from US comics, though, and so these books are about 2.5cm wider than US reprint.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tomwe on 01 October, 2020, 03:10:08 PM
It's the standard HC size for Rebellion isn't it? Like the America Lost & Found & Mek Files volumes.
Yeah. I measured my Trigan Empire in the bathroom this morning and that was the same.

Slightly confusing that it's described as "oversized" though, as I'd just call it the proper size.

I think I will indulge myself.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Oversized hardcovers from other publishers. Most trades ape US page sizes, remember; even Rebellion's paperbacks are typically the same height as such volumes.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 October, 2020, 03:14:07 PM
Oversized hardcovers from other publishers. Most trades ape US page sizes, remember; even Rebellion's paperbacks are typically the same height as such volumes.
Yeah, but I still think of them as shrunken.
We never really die.

Max Headroom

Just a quick question for anyone who owns the 2000ad Annual 1984 or is otherwise in the know: Was the story 'A Day in the Death of Torquemada' first published in colour or black and white? I am asking because if it is in colour, hopefully volume two of the hardcover will feature it as such.

Greg M.

It was in black-and-white O'Neill-o-vision. That annual was the first 2000AD product I ever owned - that introduction to Torque is probably what ignited my life-long love of the Grandmaster!

Max Headroom

Thanks for confirmation, Greg. Although I could have sworn it looked like a colour-to-black and white reprint in my Ultimate Collection book!

seanharry

Quote from: Max Headroom on 15 November, 2020, 07:58:51 PM
Thanks for confirmation, Greg. Although I could have sworn it looked like a colour-to-black and white reprint in my Ultimate Collection book!

You may be thinking of Torquemada's Second Honeymoon, which was in full colour by Kevin O'Neil. It has only been reprinted in garish black and white, but will be in full colour again for this volume.

Grumpy Andrew

Mine arrived yesterday and they were well worth the (by now) triple dip. The inclusion of the two Diceman stories are really welcome as I've never read them. And as mentioned above, 'Torquemada's Second Honeymoon being in colour is a huge plus.
Another colour question though: did 'Torquemurder' have double pages in colour originally as this entire book here is B&W.

sheridan

Quote from: Grumpy Andrew on 22 December, 2020, 08:44:37 PM
Mine arrived yesterday and they were well worth the (by now) triple dip. The inclusion of the two Diceman stories are really welcome as I've never read them. And as mentioned above, 'Torquemada's Second Honeymoon being in colour is a huge plus.
Another colour question though: did 'Torquemurder' have double pages in colour originally as this entire book here is B&W.

The opening pages of each episode of the first half of Torquemurder were on the centre pages, so were pen-and-inked by Bryan Talbot and coloured by whomever was doing colour at that point. Then it took a break and came back for about five more episodes, not in the centre pages (I think this was the episode opening with Nemesis calling demons from his id).

oshii

This is a very lovely book.   The repro on The Two Torquemada's is a bit muddy in places but I'm guessing that's to do with the quality of whatever source material they had to use.  The colour O'Neil stuff looks fantastic.   

I think this must by now be the equivalent of buying an album on vinyl when it first came out, then upgrading to CD, remastered CD, remastered vinyl and then a collectors box set (having sold and then rebought the original vinyl at some point) and having it on mp3.

One thing that does stick out is not updating the creator biographies to acknowledge John Hincklenton and Tony Luke having died. 

TordelBack

Was hoping this'd be here for Christmas, but Rebellion have been up-front with their comms, and it's good to have something to look forward to in the New Year.

rs_jr

Received both volumes and I am really happy with the quality and dimensions of the book.

Any idea when is volume three coming out? last volume I assume?

What other series do you guys think might get similar treatment? Dante? Slaine? Strontium dog?