Main Menu

Mark Harrison or Ron Smith - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 6

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 May, 2021, 06:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Colin YNWA

Last chance to get your voting hats on and dance around the voting tree on this one as I've count up results and post them here in the morning.

So time that I voted too then. I've always had issues with the clarity of Mark Harrison's art, but there is no denying the astonishing talent he has and unique design sense. Ron Smith however brought life to Mega City One like no one before and seen. So

Mark Harrison 1 : Ron Smith 4

TordelBack

Loved Mark Harrison forever, and he's never been better than he currently is on Grey Area and The Out, but Ron Smith in his looong heyday is Top 3 material.

Ron Smith 3 : 2 Mark Harrison

I, Cosh

An easy win for the veteran here. Harrison works on a lot of good strips and I like aspects of his art but other aspects of it are too distracting for me. With Ron Smith, on the other hand, all the extra details on the background characters work to deepen the sense of the world the story is taking place in.

Harrison 0 - 5 Smith
We never really die.

Professor Bear

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

There seems to be no stopping relentless march of the Classic Arts. Their winning was pretty pedictable you could say, but the relentless march of these early rounds is even stronger than I'd expected. Mark Harrison was running Ron Smith close at times, but a strong closing meant the result pushed further in favour of the master of Mega City One.

The question now is where can the Current Team find its next win?

Current Team 1 : Classic Team 5

Current Team 241 : Classic Team 369