Main Menu

The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Started by rogue69, 29 September, 2021, 08:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I've just adjusted the title of the thread as well, so subsequent messages should have [SPOILERS] displayed. 

Definitely Not Mister Pops

With regards to Mando's new hot rod fighter, I really like the shaker scoop style thingy sticking out of the "bonnet" and I'm hoping for an unlikely cameo of Vin Diesel as a mechanic/Amy Sedaris' lackey, who helps him reunite with Grogu because "family".
You may quote me on that.

Mardroid

My apologies for my prolific use of spoiler bars earlier.. I do agree, and I mainly did it because others in this thread did before me (not passing the buck or blaming them. I get they were just being careful, and if anything I got even more carried away) and I didn't want to be that guy. But yes, sorry for any irritation caused.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 February, 2022, 12:08:30 PM
I'm not half as well versed in Star Wars lore as most of you, but that blue Clint Eastwood alien was just brilliant.

Yeah, Cad Bane is a cool villain of the animated series. According to a wiki article I just looked at, Lee Van Cleef's  Angel Eyes was actually an inspiration, but I can see a bit of Eastwood in this live action version too. He didn't show the humour that he does in the animation, but it was a small scene. Maybe we'll see more of that later.

His hat brim was even wider there, but I think they maybe thought they should tone it down for live action. It's almost a character all of its own there. 🤠 Oh and check out his special boots later...

sheridan

One more episode and the internet has come up with theories - because of course it has (not spoilers because they're all just guesses).

In no particular order.

• Flashback!  Grogu was rescued by Mace Windu!
  • Flashback!  Grogu was rescued by being in the shell of R2D2!*
  • The person conducting the Pykes take-over is revealed to be... Qi'ra!
  • The rebel patrol are going to back Boba as the best pick to rule Tattooine!
  • Ben and/or Han Solo will make an appearance!
  • Cad Bane was behind the faked attacks on homesteads!
  • Mace Windu will make an appearance, not in flashback!

* I think that theory was a joke.

IndigoPrime

Or: they'll leave it all hanging for season two.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 February, 2022, 10:30:24 AM
Or: they'll leave it all hanging for season two.

I suspect it'll dovetail into S3 of The Mandalorian, given how extensive the cross-over has been these last couple of episodes.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I keep forgetting this isn't season 3 of The Mandalorian
You may quote me on that.

sheridan

Current speculation is that the next series of Mando will be the last (leading on to other spin-offs) and that the second series of Andor has already been greenlit (despite the first not having been aired yet).  No news on future series of Boba or Kenobi.

JOE SOAP

Obi-Wan Kenobi is a limited series of 6 episodes. It's not so far intended to be more than one season and unlike the other series it has one Director and one Writer.

Lobster Random

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 February, 2022, 11:10:04 AM
On a certain character, [spoiler]the delivery was one of the big problems for me. Luke felt less present than Grogu. That is a big, big problem. And given that Hamill has done loads of voice work, it was strange how detached, remote and wooden every line from him felt. Poor direction and production, perhaps, but combined with the abysmal pacing, it didn't help much in what was otherwise a solid episode[/spoiler].

You know, I'm starting to think we should have a new board rule that if you wade into a thread about a currently running series and spot spoilers, tough. All these black bars are ridiculous. An admin can always flag the thread as containing spoilers.

I think it's been widely documented that Hamill had no input into TBOBF. Luke's voice is computer simulated.

IndigoPrime

If so, it's a bit weird for Hamill to be listed in the credits. But if the voice was faked, that explains a lot. It was full-fat uncanny valley throughout. Horrible. (I found all those breathless articles online about how great the CGI was compared to last time out bizarre. Did they watch the same thing I did?)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 February, 2022, 01:20:26 PM

Obi-Wan Kenobi is a limited series of 6 episodes. It's not so far intended to be more than one season and unlike the other series it has one Director and one Writer.

Well, it's not like Ewan McGregor is a) cheap, or b) short of job offers. I get the impression he'll do a series if he likes the idea of it (Fargo) but I can't imagine he'd want to tie himself down to however-many-weeks of shooting every year for a multi-year commitment.

(Still, Disney seems to have got Hiddlestone signed up for at least two series of Loki, so, who knows?)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

pauljholden

I have to say, I like the idea that Disney are doing one off series (or two or three) or at least deciding exactly how many episodes before the thing goes - a fair chance that a) the story will resolve and b) the story will mean something more than being an open ended way to have a star war.
BTW seen this amazing cross word?

https://kotaku.com/new-york-times-crossword-sunday-star-wars-star-trek-puz-1848495939

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Mister Pops on 08 February, 2022, 11:05:23 AM
I keep forgetting this isn't season 3 of The Mandalorian

Rename both series THE MANDALORIANS (or THE MANDALORIAN ARMOUR) and problem solved.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 February, 2022, 01:48:03 PM
Well, it's not like Ewan McGregor is a) cheap, or b) short of job offers. I get the impression he'll do a series if he likes the idea of it (Fargo) but I can't imagine he'd want to tie himself down to however-many-weeks of shooting every year for a multi-year commitment.

(Still, Disney seems to have got Hiddlestone signed up for at least two series of Loki, so, who knows?)

Loki has a prebuilt elasticity that ties directly into the always forward pushing, next phase MCU films, but unlike Loki there's a certain amount of foreknowledge that Kenobi was supposed to be 'hiding out' on Tatooine for years - which does at least put some limitation on it, although it wouldn't stop him popping up for a cameo in Andor or flying off for brief adventures but it does dilute it. It's wheels within wheels in how they can use the characters. Aside from the expense and availability, Kenobi will make bank, and it feels like Andor has been in-production for years but is the last to come out.

After the Sequels I think they're being relatively careful with their 'classic' Star Wars characters and there's a concentration on the side characters and newbies in the ongoing series. The Luke thing is an ongoing experiment in how far they can push it, but is more likely than not the direction in which the franchise intends to go (they've done something similar in the next Indy film so Young Solo is all ready a shoe-in if it hasn't happened all ready).