Main Menu

Twenty Years of Mightiness!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 08 January, 2022, 09:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Florix Grundabae (or whatever congratulations is in Quaxxan - maybe something about
Thrashoruns, or is that a completely different kind of celebration!)

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 January, 2022, 10:01:13 AM
It's exactly the same way that you'll never love any band in your forties the way you loved bands in your teens. Doesn't mean you can't/don't/won't love a comic, band, film, as you get older — it's just different. You're different.

To be fair, I can think of a number of bands/musicians I got into in my 40s that I love just as much if not more than my teenage music, from old 90 stuff I only discovered 20 years after the fact, to "modern" acts such as the Black Keys though Jessica Lea Mayfield to Big Thief and many more, but that' the topic for another thread!

Mike Carroll

It's a remarkable achievement to have stayed so long at the helm, steering this legendary vessel to tremendous success despite its often very motley crew... and still be such a nice guy! He's not known as The Mighty One for nothing!

Funt Solo

(Numbers pulled hurriedly from Teh Interwebs. So accuracy, she may not live here.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

So in about four months, Matt Smith will have edited more Progs than the next three longest-serving editors put together. If he stays in the chair (and the comic survives) five and a half years, he'll have more Progs under his belt than every previous editor combined. Blimey.

Richard

And he's about to reach his 1,000th prog.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Richard on 09 January, 2022, 07:01:14 PM
And he's about to reach his 1,000th prog.

It just occurred to me that I didn't include the oddly-named Festive progs, which would push the total for Captain Smith up to 1004 already.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Well wow. While 20 years sounds impressive enough for some reason reflecting on 1000 Progs just punches home how much that actually is. So what something like 26000+ pages of comics... and that's before you even think about the Meg as well.

Bloomin' heck!

Funt Solo

Something like 1004 progs, 199 megs, 11 specials and 10 FCBDs - just with the 2000 AD/Megazine franchise.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

pauljholden

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 09 January, 2022, 07:43:19 PM
Well wow. While 20 years sounds impressive enough for some reason reflecting on 1000 Progs just punches home how much that actually is. So what something like 26000+ pages of comics... and that's before you even think about the Meg as well.

Bloomin' heck!

Here's a fun game, pick a number for a page rate, multiply that up by the number of pages and that's how much money Matt has spent for Renegade :)

-pj

Mike Carroll

Quote from: pauljholden on 09 January, 2022, 11:01:03 PM

Here's a fun game, pick a number for a page rate, multiply that up by the number of pages and that's how much money Matt has spent for Renegade :)

-pj

Renegade?

pauljholden

wedgeski

Amazing work. I look forward to it every week as much as any high-profile TV series. In particular, the ongoing quality and consistency of the comic over the last two years only reinforces the professionalism and talent of those at the top. Long may he reign!

sintec

It's been a hell of a run, long may it continue.

Rogue Judge

Over 1000 issues is incredible, flippin' 'eck indeed! Congrats to Matt!

AlexF

Mega-congratualtions to Cyber Matt! Agree that by all measures, he's bloomin' great at his job, and we're lucky he's stayed on as long as he has, and I hope has no inclination to leave...