Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Ant Wars vs. Mayflies Round 3 Heat 2

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 May, 2022, 06:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 09 May, 2022, 03:52:23 PM
However good Mayflies may or may not end up being, Ant Wars is at this moment superior. Because it is GIANT KILLER ANTS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! And ain't nothing better than that. Can I get an Amen?

SBT

AMEN!

Testify brother.

Tjm86

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 09 May, 2022, 03:53:54 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 09 May, 2022, 03:52:23 PM
However good Mayflies may or may not end up being, Ant Wars is at this moment superior. Because it is GIANT KILLER ANTS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! And ain't nothing better than that. Can I get an Amen?

SBT

AMEN!

Testify brother.

Amen and Hallelujah!!!!

... and you just know those O'neill covers are direct from the Lord!!!! (Tharg, that is ...)

(Just in case it is not clear, this is another supporting vote for Ant Wars.)

Funt Solo

Amen!

Ant Wars

Which reminds me: Them! has some Wilhelm Screams in it.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

Mayflies might well turn out to be the best thing that ever comes out of Regened, but given there have only been two episodes so far, it's far too early to say that.

Ant Wars is far from my favourite, but I only read it a few years back so it has no nostalgia factor for me. But it's got enough for my vote here.

Colin YNWA

Brother and sister I stand here before you to celebrate. I say CELEBRATE the work of our lord Tharg and its clear, I say CLEAR that only one thrill here will continue to spread the good word of the LORD. You have one day. ONE DAY. To show your love, YOUR LOVE. For Tharg by putting your hands together and... well voting actually. ONE DAY brothers and sister.

Testify!

Link Prime

sheridan

What everybody else says - Mayflies is good (I'd even put it above alright) but it's only had a few episodes and is up against the full-length tale of Ant Wars.

p.s. also I'm with Conrad on this one - Anteater is the main character in Ant Wars in the same way that Dennis Dun's Wang Chi is the protagonist of Big Trouble in Little China (Jack Burton just thinks he's the main character).

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

I'm a bit tendered this morning after a night out with work, a little tired and hungover. So I'd appreciate if you imagined this wrap up was done in the style of a preacher testifying. If you could make it sharp and witty I'd appreciate it. Maybe add a slightly sinister edge to the whole things. Then proclaim Ant War's GFD's best work for 2000ad.

Thanks

Ant Wars

has learnt to fly into Round 4.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 May, 2022, 06:18:32 AM
.........Then proclaim Ant War's GFD's best work for 2000ad.

We will "soon" put that theory to test
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.