Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: Like the desert needs the rain, I need you or not?

Started by broodblik, 29 June, 2022, 04:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

Dash Decent

Quote from: Huey2 on 29 June, 2022, 07:25:32 PM
Gotta agree with Funt - as a kid, I always found those characters put in to cater for my age to be really patronising.

Oh man, this.  If it was the 90s Dredd Kid would be slouching around with a rocket-powered skateboard (the Lawboard) under one arm, his pants hanging down and his helmet on backwards.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

"LIKE THE DESERT NEEDS THE RAIN, I NEED YOU OR NOT?"

I just want to take a moment to acknowledge the heart of a poet that beats inside Broodblik.

Or, if not a poet, one of those guys that sets cryptic crossword clues.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Quote from: AlexF on 29 June, 2022, 10:04:10 AM
more in-Academy stories with classroom shenhaigans, and less mucking about with criminal sin the outside world. It's a side of Dreddworld we rarely ever see, and I think leaning into the brainwashing techniques that must go on could be super interesting.

Academy Tales is a great idea.  I'd love to see that, though:
1. I think tales indoctrination etc would probably interest me more than it would the intended kid audience, and
2. Now I've called it Academy Tales, I can't help imagining the theme tune for it.
("Academy Tales! Woo-oo!
Every day they're out there making
Academy Tales! Woo-oo!"
)

On the question of artist, I'm kicking myself that it's only just sunk in that it's Roger Langridge on Pandora Perfect.  I'm sure I noticed originally, then forgot.  Langride has done some really good funny comics (e.g. his work on The Muppets).  If you want the Dredd comic to be really silly shenanigans then he could probably do a good job both on script and art.  As others have said here, however, I'd much rather Cadet Dredd was tonally closer to 'real' Dredd so they actually seemed to be the same character.

If you want funny comic hijinx then have it in another strip (like Pandora Perfect etc).  Even the likes of Buster, Whoopee, Cor! etc back in the day would have an action strip like The Leopard from Lime Street in them.  Ultimately therefore my answer is Keep Dredd as the edge-of-your-seat action strip and leave the 'hilarity' to some of the other strips.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 July, 2022, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 01 July, 2022, 02:31:38 PM

I am a poet and I didn't even know it.

You rhyme all the time.  (3 across, 2,5)

Mmmmmm, cryptic. Me like it but what about jokers to the left.......
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Quote from: broodblik on 01 July, 2022, 02:37:21 PM

Jokers to the left, threes are wild and Spades are trumps.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 July, 2022, 02:48:43 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 01 July, 2022, 02:37:21 PM

Jokers to the left, threes are wild and Spades are trumps.

Sorry no spades allowed only shovels :)

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll