Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Dark Judges (Dominion etc) vs. Cursed Earth Koburn Rd 3 He

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2022, 06:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

The Dark Judges ... I N   S P A C E ! ! !

Big fan of Koburn, as well. I'd vote for both, if I could.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

sintec

Enjoyed both strips but I'm going to have to give this to Dark Judges Nick's art is gloriously horrible.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

GoGilesGo

Nick Percival's art is superbly grim and works very well for all the DJ strips but I often find myself shrugging my shoulders at story'e end.

Every page of Cursed Earth Koburn on the other hand is entertaining and filled with joyous fun.

Dare I say it, with the Malachi story arc, Koburn also did something more interesting with the Dark Judges legacy than the whole of Deliverance.

AlexF

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

This is a better iteration of the Dark Judges than most, but it still feels like it's going through the motions too much, and seeking convoluted reasons why these characters should still exist rather than be banished forever. Koburn, on the other hand, was a lot of fun, and so it wins it for me.

Colin YNWA

And this one is the final vote of Round 3. Once this one is done things will start to move fast as we enter Round 4 and the quality is ramped and the speed is cranked... so relax today with your final Round 3 vote.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 01 July, 2022, 01:43:24 PM
Mother Russia... Mother Russia... DOMINION

I'm not quite the ageing goth that Jim is, but I get the reference.  Not quite sure which to vote for, both stories are great.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So Round 3 ends with a fascinating tie. One thrill burst out the blocks took and early lead, was then quickly and brutally pulled back and overtaken. From there it was a fairly even exchange, but the leading thrill managed to maintain its lead to the line. Dark Judges is a thrill that really has recaptured the horror of its evil leds and its done an incredible job of revitalising characters who I thought long, LONG past their sell by date and so for me at least its a real shame that

Cursed Earth Koburn

will be having the shortest wait for Round 4 to start...