Main Menu

Prog 2290 - Double Impact!

Started by Richard, 09 July, 2022, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

The highlight this week is double-length Dexter. Funny script, lots of action, and glorious art by Tazio Bettin. There's also a really good cover by Andy Clarke (although the number plates don't match!).

Next is Brink with an interesting reveal.

Judge Dredd introduces some more characters, and then begins the action.

I'm not really following Skip Tracer. Why is the pop star even there? She's just a pop star. Why is Blake helping them again? "I have a bad feeling about this," well that's original.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Quote from: Richard on 09 July, 2022, 06:20:12 PM
There's also a really good cover by Andy Clarke (although the number plates don't match!).

2BORN28 = To be or not to hate

Richard

I didn't know that!

Now do "28ORNT28".

Colin YNWA

Saturday Prog for once and sods law not time to read it yesterday! Which is a shame as its a good Prog. Feels like a long time since we had a 4 thrill Prog with a double lenght story making up the short fall, though it may well not be? Still with Andy Clarke doing Sinister Dexter (on the cover at least) it really does feel like old times.

Dredd the solid foundations are in place, the action begins, Patrick Goddard, what's not to love.

Skip Tracer is so okay its painful.

Dexter is the double and its an excellent action packed set piece. Why oh why did Bulletopia lose all that momentum I have a feeling when read back it will be pretty good. Need to find the time when its done.

Brink remains a masterclass in good comics.

Well I predicted that we might be on a rough road to Prog 2300, if we are and its like this its going to be surrounded wonderful views!

broodblik

Woolly

Lovely to see Andy Clarke gracing the prog again, that's beautiful work!

I'm a few months behind on the prog, so apologies if this is part of the story, but... Is that an Austin Allegro?

broodblik

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: broodblik on 09 July, 2022, 07:53:47 PM
There's also a really good cover by Andy Clarke (although the number plates don't match!).

"Two born to hate", surely?
Lock up your spoons!

broodblik

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 12 July, 2022, 07:18:53 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 09 July, 2022, 07:53:47 PM

"Two born to hate", surely?

Yes, that makes more sense

broodblik

A good prog with a good cover. Brink and Dredd leading the pack.

Dredd – The story keeps the intrigue high as we are jumping between timelines. Good stuff

Skippy – The story is taking us back to the Cube. So far it looks interesting and would like to know what went down. We will see how the grand finale is handled

Sin/Dex – I am enjoying the Bulletopia run more than the previous "arcs" and each story has been good, but I also would like to whole saga to conclude. This mini story is much more action oriented as the gangs fight it out for dominance

Brink – This was a great episode, and the last few pages turned the whole thing on its head. Dan knows how to spin the story like a web around us, superb.

The Corinthian

For a panicked moment, I thought Skip Tracer was going to be the double-length strip.

broodblik

If you wondered what is going to happen with Sin/Dex after Bulletopia here is a quote from an interview (for the Sci-Special) with Dan Abnett:

Bulletopia ends soon (as you say, one more story after Malice in Plunderland), at which point we have big plans for the next big era. There will be reunions of all sorts... and few of them will be pleasant.

With a strip as long-running as SinDex, no matter how solid the default setting is (i.e. the short, one-off stories), I think you need to keep it fresh by re-inventing it on a regular basis, and shake things up – at least temporarily. I've done that before with 'eras' like Downlode Tales and Malone. There's always a way to re-set again.

What we have coming is a major re-invention which will be the biggest departure from the 'norm' so far, with a very different tone... yet will also capture the original spirit of the series in a distilled form. It's an exciting prospect.

https://2000ad.com/news/interview-bang-bang-shoot-shoot-dan-abnett-talks-sinister-dexter-killer-serial-for-the-2000-ad-sci-fi-special/

Funt Solo

I didn't even know the prog had an ever since on the payroll - so finding out that Matt Smith, as well as being editor, was also the longest serving ever since was a bit of an eye opener.

Truly, it is a Brimful of Thrills, ever since long time to date so far up to now yet thus from the before-times until the now-days. Melancholema.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++