Main Menu

FFT - What if? Derby Week Tie 11 - Halo Jones vs The Out

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 September, 2022, 06:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.
Created by David Bishop

Halo Jones - more info

VS

The Out - more info

What if we'd got the derby ties I always hoped for?... hold on, hold on is this one even a derby? Well that's one of the reasons I've put this here. These two get compared A LOT, but is it more than just the most superficial similarities between these two great. Let's discuss as we vote as regardless this is an amazing match up?

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 30th September and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

Halo Jones although I am sure after the next arc of The Out my view will certainly change
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Magnetica

Halo Jones. But it's a lot closer than I would have thought before.

rogue69

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I have to go for THE OUT. While Halo is, obviously, a work of great genius, the simple fact that 2000AD can still produce a series that challenges it all these years later, and a series that in itself justifies the cover price in these times of extreme financial horror, is enough to make me give it to the newbie.

Plus, Cyd is marvellous.

SBT

Sean SD

IndigoPrime

For some reason, I thought we'd already had this one. Anyway, I've read both of these quite recently. I like Halo Jones a lot, but I like The Out more.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

AlexF

Gonna go for Halo Jones, if only because she had 3 cracking books, and The Out so far has only had 2. Ask me again when we're on Book 4 of the Out...

(On the other hand, I'm def. more excited for a re-read of teh out, but that's purely because I've only read each book once, whereas Halo has sustained multiple re-reads, and I'm sure will sustain multiple more.)

IndigoPrime

Feels a bit odd to do this one twice, then. I mean, if we're going to replay a tournament round, why not the one where Devlin Waugh was clearly unfairly booted out? Tsk.

abelardsnazz