Main Menu

Biscuits

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 08 March, 2023, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

All of our threads are crackers, one way or another.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: nxylas on 16 March, 2023, 02:05:00 PM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 10 March, 2023, 10:34:46 PMHmm. I always thought these were crackers. Whilst tasty, I'm not sure a savoury 'biscuit' really fits the criteria.
Do we need a separate thread for crackers?

Considering the (massive assumption here) standard ethno-demographic for 2000AD, I'd say they're all are.

JayzusB.Christ

Ship's biscuit. Both savoury and, by the sound of it, unsavoury.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardtack
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 March, 2023, 03:20:18 PMShip's biscuit. Both savoury and, by the sound of it, unsavoury.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardtack
Has anyone done the lesser of two weevils joke yet?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rara Avis

Challenge accepted!!!

I normally eat them in one mouthfull, whole thing popped in, that upsets some people !

[/quote]

That reminds me, I once had a dream that my teacake had no marshmallow in it. Any idea what this might have meant?

JohnW

Quote from: Rara Avis on 16 March, 2023, 05:54:43 PMThat reminds me, I once had a dream that my teacake had no marshmallow in it. Any idea what this might have meant?
It means that those closest to you have evil intent. Do not go to the senate house tomorrow.

That'll be four sestertii, please.

Anyone else need any soothsaying?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Quote from: JWare on 16 March, 2023, 06:07:38 PM
Quote from: Rara Avis on 16 March, 2023, 05:54:43 PMThat reminds me, I once had a dream that my teacake had no marshmallow in it. Any idea what this might have meant?
It means that those closest to you have evil intent. Do not go to the senate house tomorrow.

Well it's either that or you are soon to be appointed Proconsul of Germania Inferior.
Sometimes the biscuits are unclear.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Rara Avis

Of course! For the glory of Rome is eternal!

sheridan

Quote from: Fate Amenable to Change on 10 March, 2023, 06:51:28 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 10 March, 2023, 12:11:58 PMMint and chocolate should, never,never be consumed together.

The exact opposite of the truth: for the only thing that makes mint bearable is the chocolate it is attached to.

Death to the Kendal Mint Cakers!

Mint and chocolate is one of the few uses I've found for mint (pity me, for non-mint toothpaste is not easy to find).

sheridan

Quote from: Fate Amenable to Change on 09 March, 2023, 10:12:11 PM

Something about the sticky wafer that places these in some kind of biscuit top ten. Colin? A vote?

Lemon Puffs!  That pic looks relatively recent - any idea where they can be purchased in the third decade of the 21st century?

The Legendary Shark

That reminds me, I once had a dream that my teacake had no marshmallow in it. Any idea what this might have meant?
[/quote]

You need to consult the Oreo at Delphi.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rara Avis

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 March, 2023, 07:40:49 PMYou need to consult the Oreo at Delphi.

Brilliant!  :D  :D  :D  :D

nxylas

Quote from: sheridan on 16 March, 2023, 06:43:53 PM
Quote from: Fate Amenable to Change on 09 March, 2023, 10:12:11 PM

Something about the sticky wafer that places these in some kind of biscuit top ten. Colin? A vote?

Lemon Puffs!  That pic looks relatively recent - any idea where they can be purchased in the third decade of the 21st century?
My local Best One convenience store, for starters. Same with those jammy marshmallow biscuits.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 March, 2023, 07:40:49 PMThat reminds me, I once had a dream that my teacake had no marshmallow in it. Any idea what this might have meant?

You need to consult the Oreo at Delphi.

[/quote]

Oh, you fighter
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Barrington Boots

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 March, 2023, 07:40:49 PMYou need to consult the Oreo at Delphi.

My favourite comment on this thread, bravo Shark.

Inspired by this discussion I bought myself some Animal Biscuits yesterday. These were NOT as nice as I recalled. I remembered them being basically tiny, animal shaped chocolate digestives but the biscuit now is all hard and dry and nasty and also there is no longer a squirrel. Essentially I endured the jeers of my colleague for nothing.
You're a dark horse, Boots.