Main Menu

Dead Set

Started by deus x machina, 14 October, 2008, 10:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulouis

QuoteEven better make a film (or series) based upon the book 'World War Z'. It'd be fairly grim but I think it could be a winner. It also shows how zombies 'should' be.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

Bouwel

Ah, so they are making a World War Z film...my life is now complete (even more so if they can include dinosaurs and monkeys in it!)
Edited to add: Yes, the book is pretty well written and worth a read.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

ThryllSeekyr

Can anybody find the front cover picture of DiceMan one and put it up here.

It's a colourful picture of some punk Zombies lookomg down atowards a imagery victim.

Same perspective used on the front cover of 'The Boys' except they are not Zombies.

Anyway, that the particular Zombie look I am thinking of.

Bright colourful , more interesting, than the dull gray-blue, pulce, variety  with glowing eyes.

Zombies that only appaer to move more slowly, shuffling along are more frightening espeically when they have mysteriously  gained more ground than the more atheletic human victims running away from them.

Mardroid

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"I'm not saying that there's right way for 'Zombies' to be portrayed.

I going for the option that I like those zombies that have known to shuffle slowly, with rotted skin colouring in the shades of blue, green yellow and having bright purple blood.

I wouldn't count the creatures from the Evil Dead films as traditional zombies though. They do their share of lurching, certainly but they also levitate and manifest superhuman strength and can move pretty fast when they want to. Strictly speaking I wouldn't class them as zombies at all, especially as some aren't even dead. Also, in the second and third films they're more like demonic caricatures of the people they used to be, with exaggerated monstrous features.

(That's not a criticism of those films mind. The Evil Dead films are my favourite horror films in fact. The deadites are great scary monsters too, but in a different way to zombies.)

Traditional zombies* (at least in the film sense) would be the creatures form the original Living dead films. Slow moving, stupid dead folk. I think I prefer these to the fast moving zombies too. (Not including the Deadites, as they're something else entirely as I said.)

I liked Dead Set a lot though.

*Actually the very first zombies to occur in films were in old 60s/70s voodoo horror films. I believe this variety were about the same speed as normal people. I don't really count them though as they're not very iconic... although the voodoo idea is pretty scary.

satchmo

Even earlier than that Mardroid! White Zombie was about 1931 too, but it's not very zombiefied.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_JnFXC6UA