Main Menu

Binding two tpbs into a book?

Started by Apestrife, 15 July, 2013, 04:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Anyone who tried doing this?

I'v spotted some of my Dredd TPBs been giving up, with the spine starting to fall off, and thought maybe have a bookbindery (looks like there's alot of those, even in small communes like mine) put together the following.

Brothers of the blood + Total War
Complete America + Origins
Tour of duty book 1, 2
Day of Chaos book 1, 2

But any idea if it's possible to have each cover cut out and put on the front and the back of the cover (with the back done in a similar manner, but with the back of each book) ?

I'd for example want the Brothers of the blood to cover it and Total war (who's cover would be on the back side of the said cover). Anyone tried doing the same, but for example with a prog or megazine cover?

robert_ellis

Its quite possible but i'd imagine you'd lose 5mm at the spine as the books would be restitched. I'd imagine the binder would make the individual pages into new sections to make the book open properly. I'd quite like to try this with the titan volumes of halo jones just to have the large size pages. Not sure about the cover idea, never tried it. Most binders are happy to chat in person - take the books in and show them

Skullmo

Titan published a complete Halo Jones with large pages. i pickked up a copy for £4 on amazon last year.
It's a joke. I was joking.

robert_ellis

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for it. I really liked those Titan covers. Do the intros make it into the complete volume?

Skullmo

From memory it has the intros but not the covers. It's a great volume. The complete apocalypse war, judge Cal, cursed earth (not complete obviously) and Oz are also great.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Apestrife

Okay thanks!

I suppose they won't glue them together, since such books would become quite big.

Will start by bringing them with me, see what they think!