Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I think it's been on (or is due to be on) the (newly freeview-available) Horror Channel

Goaty

Oh Horror Channel, sadly all programmes on it dont got subtitles.

Dark Jimbo

I started watching it on the Horror Channel a few weeks ago, but the picture was terrible -a bit 'americanised', for want of a better word. Compared to how it looked when I'd watched it on channel 4, the contrast was much too high, so the colours were a bit over-saturated, and there was a slight lag to all the movements, which made the picture quality suffer - bit like they were streaming a not-quite-legit copy direct from the internet!
@jamesfeistdraws

Keef Monkey

I've found that with any Horror Channel stuff I've watched, the picture quality is always terrible. I know switching from HD channels to SD stuff is never going to look great, but it's especially bad. Tends to look like a low resolution youtube video blown up. Have never settled on the channel to watch something for that reason. Could be a Virgin thing, might be better on other providers or something.

JamesC

I think I have the DVD in the 'didn't sell at the car boot' box. I'll have a check and if anyone wants it, it's yours for the postage.

Edited: That's 'The Mist' by the way.

CrazyFoxMachine

*sigh*... Burlesque

I bought this for Lady Geoffery who has a high tolerance for terrible films with Cher in them. However even she, after the hour and three quarters of terrible bullshit that is this film, conceded even the fairly likeable Cher can't save it.

There's no real plot - it's just Christina as an unconvincing Mary-Sue doing a whole load of stuff that isn't even burlesque. Just saying "burlesque" a lot. Which doesn't automatically make it burlesque. It makes it shallow imitation of Moulin Rouge, which was already pretty fucking shallow.

If this film was about Alan Cumming's rarely-seen completely-unexplained character (who actually DOES what you could term as Burlesque in a very short sequence) it would be about sixty thousand times better.

Keef Monkey

Saw 20mins of Burlesque the other night too coincidentally. It was the bit where (spoilers for Burlesque imminent) [spoiler]Kristen Bell (deserves better) sabotages Aguilera's performance by unplugging the microphones, and then Aguilera proves she's the best by performing without one.[/spoiler] Seemed like it should have been great fun but somehow wasn't.

von Boom

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 21 April, 2015, 11:27:27 PM
*sigh*... Burlesque

films with Cher in them.

Isn't that the very definition of a terrible film?

Keef Monkey

Quote from: von Boom on 22 April, 2015, 02:18:16 PM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 21 April, 2015, 11:27:27 PM
*sigh*... Burlesque

films with Cher in them.

Isn't that the very definition of a terrible film?

To be fair, I'm not convinced Cher is actually in Burlesque. None of her facial muscles moved at all so I suspect it was another actor in a mask.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 22 April, 2015, 02:32:49 PManother actor in a mask.

To be fair I quite enjoyed Mask - mostly because Sam Elliott as a hell's angel is phenomenally glorious.

Keef Monkey

Mask is a classic! I remember seeing it as a kid and getting genuinely quite emotional, which was rare back then when my viewing habits were pretty much The A Team and He Man.

Spikes

Still got a fair sized pile of new stuff to watch, but succumbed to a bit of tried and tested comfort food the last couple of days.

Soylent Green, and The Omega Man. Classic 70's Chuck Heston, and both films are great fun.

DaveGYNWA

Against my better judgement, I just watched Transformers: Age of Extinction.

What just happened?
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Zenith 666

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 22 April, 2015, 10:53:59 PM
Against my better judgement, I just watched Transformers: Age of Extinction.

What just happened?

Most likely what your feeling was Michael bay killing that last little bit of inner child left inside you.

Goaty

Re-watch Looper, wish the first half of film is whole of film, what the hell 2nd half about?!