Main Menu

Big Finish Jihad

Started by Floyd-the-k, 06 April, 2004, 06:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

SpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilers

Just got the new Big Finish Dredd CD yesterday.

JIHAD is very good. Not their best, but a good ripping yarn. Judges from all over the world arrive in the Meg for a Global Justice summit. This gives Toby Longworth a chance to do a few funny voices, including a Scot who nobody understands.
 It`s a great idea to bring back the Judda - they were so tough and loony. All that Judda stuff, the chants etc work well on the cd.
 I`m an Aussie so I have mixed feelings about the Oz judges. British people are the greatest actors in the world (certainly the English speaking world) but there are two things they can`t do; Aussies and Americans. The Oz accent varies from kindofAustralian to just plain cockney.
 THere has been a lot of research but not enough - the Oz judge says `I couldn`t give a brass razoo`. What we say is `I don`t have a brass razoo` (ie I`m broke). Not that this matters a dingo`s donger to all you poms
  Anyway, nanotechnology raises its tiny head again - I always find nanostuff a bit of a cop out - a bit too easy. But here it works alright.
  There`s some nice humorous stuff with various lethal but friendly droids

there you go. what did you think?

Floyd-the-k

oh and another thing. It`s very 2000 AD of them to use current affairs so well in the stories. Obviously the title is topical, associated with the Judda`s religious fanatacism, also the Global Justice summit and security worries bring to mind all those G8 vs anti-globalisers functions we`ve grown so used to.
 Oh and the Ozzers are still upset about Uluru.

moly

maybe the oz judges just worked behind a bar in brit city before going back home to be judges

JMSwallow

Glad you liked it, Floyd. Our sound guy Lee Bowman is an Australian, and we had him critique the voice performance for Judge Hogan.

I'll be adding some extra stuff about 'Jihad' to my website in the coming weeks (a reference guide and some deleted scenes).

Link: http://hometown.aol.co.uk/redwingproject/2000ad.htm" target="_blank">http://hometown.aol.co.uk/redwingproject/2000ad.htm