Main Menu

Meg420 Down on the farm

Started by Proudhuff, 19 May, 2020, 01:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Crickey, no-one else getting their Megazine?
Great cover by PJ, what's not like?I
Dredd, nice Dredd, unusually he misses a couple of clues but there's a good twist. Artwork find by PJ, thought the tank bust could have been more dramatic, but otherwise great work.

Revlon ends well and a nice twist and artwork exceptional.
Blunt continues in the elected vein

Text stuff is promo for Smash and Rob Williams Old Haunts, both of which look interesting.
There's also an interview with Jake Lynch and his Harry Heaton work.
The promo Zombie Army plods to the finish line, hopefully the game is more interesting.
Lawless, does the usual brand job, and a nice message at the end
Advert for next month says The Vigilant finale will be in the Megazine, that should save a big or two.

No letters page Buttman!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

FFS, Revlon?? Typing this on a Kindle.... Devlin!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Revlon Brand is Delvin Waugh's new arch nemesis!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

The Monarch

I did get the meg  alongside the prog but I didn't want to bag both of them  :lol: It was a solid meg though

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 May, 2020, 01:43:33 PM

No letters page Buttman!

The last Dreddlines was in Meg 404 - I'd be more surprised if there was one. Sad times.

MumboJimbo

I'm sure if we really wanted to see Dreadlines returned we could all (on this forum) start writing letters to the Meg! (Just a thought.) It is, incidentally, an easy way to bag a free graphic novel - and, of course, basking in the glow of the satisfaction of contributing to the prog/meg. I've submitted two letters to the prog in the last two years and both have been published, and I'm hardly William Faulkner. In fact I wrote a third at the weekend, so let's see if I can make it a hat trick!

Tjm86

Well, I've been slowly savouring the meg this week after having devoured the prog.  I would agree with the ending of the latest Dredd tale, nicely and subtly done.  Lawless is rounding towards the end nicely but the final panel bugged me and I couldn't figure out why until I realise that the name on the badge slants the wrong way.   :crazy:

Colin YNWA

I've not forgotten the Meg Proudhuff - just don't get it until Wednesday digital oaf that I am.

Having got it now its a decent issues. Bit like this weeks Prog liked that the ending of Dredd didn't go the normal route, didn't entirely make sense but worked really well in context. Enjoyed this one.

As I did Revlon Brand's arch foe's tale. It was sublime in fact, the last page giving new meaning to a twinkle in the eye. The glorious use of art in the first half was fantastic and then those decisions, those decisions. More please.

Last month I questioned quite what would be seen this time in Blunt III and what we see is a damned fine episode. This built things back up while settling everything in place. I'm really looking forward to reading all of this one day I think it will hang together really well. Mind should let it end before I go any further as its building up something rotten.

Zombie Army is fine, though it has taken 5 episodes and maybe 50 pages to make a shot. The rest is decent standard zombie fare.

There's nothing about Lawless that's standard, so far from it. I tells ya its takes some comic to be Delvin Waugh isn't the thrill of the Meg but this is some strip. Its comic perfection... or would be if someone hadn't pointed out.

Quote from: Tjm86 on 20 May, 2020, 07:58:36 PM
Lawless is rounding towards the end nicely but the final panel bugged me and I couldn't figure out why until I realise that the name on the badge slants the wrong way.   :crazy:

But put that aside and it is perfection.

Solid text articles but alas another recent (I know, I know its not going to be recent but it feels like it) floppie reprint in Orlok which is always a shame for me so the extras aren't all that but heck we're here for the comics aren't we.... oh and in case you think I forgot...

ALL PRAISE THARG - keep the thrills coming.

DrJomster

The milking stall panels in Dredd were pretty powerful. Nice story twist in the last panel too. Good Dredd, droids, good Dredd.

Didn't Devlin end well? And didn't it look gorgeous? I'm going with a Colin-endorsed "more please"!

I'm not 100% sold on the video game tie-in to be honest. Not enough story happening.

Having said that, the Old Haunts article was also an advert of sorts, but that looked quite interesting.

The Jake Lynch article was good too. More of that sort of thing, please.

And in other news, Lawless continues to be wonderful.

A very generous floppy too, so all in all, a good Meg. Roll on next month!

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Tjm86

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 May, 2020, 09:00:51 PM

There's nothing about Lawless that's standard, so far from it. I tells ya its takes some comic to be Delvin Waugh isn't the thrill of the Meg but this is some strip. Its comic perfection... or would be if someone hadn't pointed out.

Quote from: Tjm86 on 20 May, 2020, 07:58:36 PM
Lawless is rounding towards the end nicely but the final panel bugged me and I couldn't figure out why until I realise that the name on the badge slants the wrong way.   :crazy:

Sowwwy!  <hangs head in shame emoji>  :-[

Colin YNWA

Oh no I'm teasing - it was a very good spot!

Bolt-01

I think this was Wyatt's best Dredd yet. I really enjoyed this tale and PJ drew the heck out of it. I'd love to have a new series for PJ to call 'his' in either the prog or Meg.

#PraiseThargandallwhotoilinHisname.