Main Menu

Game idea for Rebellion.

Started by Buddy, 24 April, 2003, 12:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

I assume Rebellion are gonna continue with 2000ad related games, well how about this one.

Sim Mega City...

Build and manage a mega city, take on the role of Chief Judge deploy Judges to areas of crime (decide how many, what type, street Judge, Tec Judge etc...).

The possibilities are endless, how would you deal with The Dark Judges, an appocolypse war, Block Mania.

Sim City is a top game and with a Dredd spin on it would be fantastic.

I'd buy it.

Any thoughts on the type of game Rebellion should have a go at?

karne

How about a Durham red game in which she has to fight an evil Nazi menace. The game could be set in such diverse locations as backwater Louisiana, a mysterious temple in Argentina and a vampire-infested castle in Germany.

Don't anyone go ripping off my idea mind.

longmanshort

Rogue Trooper: War Machine.

On board your orbiting base, develop and breed your own army of GIs, choosing what characteristics to give them (strength, invulnerability to toxins, weapons skills etc.) and researching weaponry/transport.

Drop them into selected warzones such as acid swamp, irradiated desert, nuclear winter, high-rise city with corrosive chem smog where you have to storm other skyscrapers with seige bridges (one of my favourite Rogue stories) etc.

Soldiers are able, when told, to pull the bio-chips from their dead colleagues. But they have to be re-engineered back at base.

The Quartz Zone is the last, and hardest, level!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Noisybast

I always thought something in the same vein but a bit more tactical would be good. Remember X-Com?
Imagine being able to take a squad of judges into a variety of situations like those you mentioned and control each judge individually. You could develop each judge's stats with every successful mission. The Geosphere would be replaced by an overview of the city with crime reports for each sector. You could then choose which sectors need your attention most and deploy judges accordingly.

Well I think it'd rock bells, anyway...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

karne

You could use either the DOOM, SIMS or GTA: Vice City format for virtually (pardon the pun) every 2K series going.

Rogue Trooper: FP Shooter action with a variety of Bio-chip gimmicks, such as micro mines, sammys and anti-stammel gas. And don't forget Helm did have sensors in his helmet (F'nar, f'nar) so even he'd have a use.

ACE Trucking Co: build up your own trucking fleet, and aquire pilots, crew and cargo. Prevent sabotage from your competitors, while sabotaging their operations.

Sinister/Dexter: Take control of Downlode on behalf of your boss Holy Moses or Demi Octavo, while being a bit crap and nowhere near as popular and entertaining as you used to be.

Nice Tom

Strontium Dog. You could have a choice of Stronts, each with their own abilities (e.g. Wulf- strength, Alpha- the eyes, Durham Red- the blood thing, Stix- the Fear). The bounty-hunting scenario offers so many possibilities...

Richmond Clements

'The bounty-hunting scenario offers so many possibilities...'

Yeah, you could use the money collected from the bountys to upgrade your weapons, etc.

HEY Rebellion! Sort this out please!

Leigh S

Piloting the Blitzspear down the travel tubes of Termight was made for a computer game

W. R. Logan

Better than having to roll dice and get out the tattered Diceman for the Blitzspear game.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Although the Diceman Dredd game is online.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/diceman/dice_man.htm" target="_blank">Diceman - Dredd

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/specials/mediumres/diceman1.jpg">

Richmond Clements

I've got the Torquemada edition somewhere...

CraveNoir

A Rogue Trooper game is in the works.

Rebellion are working on a demo at the moment so that they can tout it around to prospective publishers.

Mudcrab

I reckon they should go for a partnership deal with Rockstar and do Grand Theft Auto: Mega City.

Imagine it! Rob a hottie stall, nab a hover-taxi, let a few rounds of at a passing juve gang, then leg it when the judges chase you. Run round the corner and into the face-change clinic to get the heat off you! :o)

One for the PS3 I think. Need a massive city. The crime scenes for the story would be endless. You could even play it as Lenny Zero!!!! Ah, now we're talking. C'mon Jock, give us your take on Tommy Vercetti! :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Oddboy

Ooo that sounds like perfection itself!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mudcrab

Especially if you can change into the big 'fat guy' suit for a sneaky covert mission :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Oddboy

You'd have to be extra careful when nicking a cop's gun though!
Better set your phaser to stun.