Main Menu

Pssst....come here...

Started by DavidXBrunt, 25 April, 2003, 03:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Spurioso

It was a Canadian tv sketch show, sort of in a Monty Python mould.  Very bizarre and a bit hit-and-miss, but when it hit it hit.

A have vague memories of crying with laughter at a racketball loser called the Obliterator, or something.  Anyone elaborate?

And yes, of course, the "words don't mean what they used to" sequence.  
"Back then we used to spend all day throwing faggots on the fire..."

Blackwood

"These are the Daves i know, i know. These are the Daves I know"

No mention of chicken lady yet either?

CraveNoir

Is it beacuse I have a cabbage for a head?

The Dave song is one of my favourite sketches, like most of the KITH stuff it manages to be funny, witty, and silly.

Running Faggot,
Running Freeee!

karne

"No mention of chicken lady yet either?"

Fifth post down, provided by Wils.

For the benefit of anyone else who hasn't a clue what's going on, here's a link I dug up fresh from my own back garden, to some of the weirdest and definitely some of the funniest sketches to have ever come out of Canada.

For the rest of us it's a chance to refresh our memories and prevent mis-quoting ;)

Link: http://www.kithfan.org/work/transcripts/" target="_blank">Who would abandon a perfectly good potato?

http://www.kithfan.org/kith/images/beatlekith.jpg">

CraveNoir

>A have vague memories of crying with laughter at a racketball loser called the Obliterator, or something.
>Anyone elaborate?

Delving into my vid-slugs:

The Eradicator was Bruce McCulloch (the little guy), dressed for a game of squash with a black balaclava. He burst into a company board meeting to confront Scott who plays an employee called Armstrong about the scheduled squash game he missed. The game was part of what seemed to be called the 'D-Squash Ladder'. The Eradicator claimed vistory by "D-fault".

"Another win for The Eradicator! I climb the D-Squash ladder one rung at a time. Today you were my rung, Armstrong."

He leaves Armstrong with a squashball upon which is a picture of a skull 'n' cross-rackets.

He meets Dave and Kevin outside the courts and schedules a game with Kevin.

"I am your worst nightmare.... I am The Eradicator! When I stand atop the D-Squash ladder, then -- and only then -- will I reveal my true identity."

"You will now spend each moment between now and the match worrying. Every minute will be a universe of terror, a marathon of fear."

He plays against Kevin, after having slept in the squash court overnight to get a feel for it. He loses and they are seen in the shower together. Bruce still wears the mask, and tells Kevin he has the right to unmask him. Kevin declines, but tells The Eradicator he could always join the volleyball team.

The parting shot is of The Eradicator in a gym holding a white volleyball upon which is his new emblem of a skull above crossed arms.

"Eeer-radicator!"

Link: http://www.kithfan.org/work/transcripts/one/eradicator.html" target="_blank">Here's the full sketch transcript

longmanshort

What really made me piss myself (and instantly became a catchphrase for me and my friends) is when the other guy (who's sat in a window above the drumless one) "I've found your drum (beats drum)". But the drumless guy isn't listening and carries on shouting "I've lost my drum (smashes cymbals) I've lost my Indian Drum".
Guy above: I've found your drum! (beats drum) I've found your Indian Drum!
Drumless guy: I've lost my drum (smashes cymbals) I've lost my Indian Drum
Guy above: Hey! I've found your drum!
Drumless Guy: I've lost my drum (smashes cymbals) I've lost my Indian Drum
Guy above (after chucking a ball at drumless one) Look skyward moron!

"Look skyward moron!"

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

longmanshort

I stand corrected ....

Mark: I've lost my indian drum.
[crashes cymbals twice]
I've lost my drum.
[clash]
I've lost my indian drum.

Kevin: [hits drum once]
I have your drum...
[beat]
Your drum is mine.
[two beats]
I have your drum...
[beat]
She's doing fine.

Mark: [clash]
But I've lost my drum...
[clash]
My drum is gone.
[two clashes]
Soon it will be Autumn,
[clash]
My God what have I done!
[three clashes]

Kevin: [beat]
I have your drum...
[two beats]
Your drum is mine.
[two beats]
I will treat her poorly,
[beat]
There's no need to whine.
[two beats]

Drum lost!

Kevin: Drum found!
[beat]

Mark: Drum lost!
[clash]

Kevin: Drum found...

No drum, no party!
[clash]

Kevin: I have your drum.

Mark: Where's my indian drum?

Kevin: Look skyward, moron!

Link: http://www.kithfan.org/work/transcripts/one/drum.html" target="_blank">I've lost my drum! I've lost my Indian Drum!

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Tiplodocus

Funnilly enough, the one I remember the most is a very straightforward sketch with the husband complaining to the wife that she doesn't play with his nipples enough.  

She says that's disgusting because he urinates through them.

He explains where he really urinates from and she spits about half a pint of orange juice onto the kitchen floor in disgust...

There was also a bizarre police chase where they keep stopping off to buy donuts and fill up with petrol and have lunch etc.  

Be excellent to each other. And party on!