Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oshii

The BFI screening is on sale to members now.  Got one this morning.

blackmocco

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 30 September, 2014, 07:45:20 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 30 September, 2014, 05:13:54 AM
Seeing it Friday...

You jammy get!  Make sure you're first in the queue this time! Looking forward to hearing your review.

I'll try not to fuck it up this time. Screening's free and they're actually handing tickets out so I don't have to stand in line for six hours in an upcoming Los Angeles heatwave. I'm thinking this is foolproof. Haha!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

COMMANDO FORCES

What a nightmare I had booking the night off for this.

Checked the date at work and it was okay, as the amount of people off was in the permitted percentage, so I put my application in. When I picked up my 'confirmed' reply, the date had suddenly become unavailable.

I said that I'd take it off unpaid, as I wasn't coming in that night, no matter what! Anyway, one of the ladies said that I could swap the date off with a mate. This entailed me running about like a mad arsed fly to confirm with a mate, (who's been to a few LFCC's) that it would be very helpful if he'd swap night but not to worry, as I'm gonna be off no matter what.

Anyway, all is well, as he swapped. Now all I have to do is get Granny down the house that day, to wait for Sam arriving on his school bus, so I can head off up London for some drinkies before the showing :D

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: oshii on 30 September, 2014, 01:42:24 PM
The BFI screening is on sale to members now.  Got one this morning.
Link? Might see if I can get the day off...

Dandontdare

Anyone know what the plans are after these screenings? Will it be on the telly, available to buy or posted online?

Steve Green

blackmocco

Well, saw it last night here in Los Angeles. It's pretty much perfect.

Probably hasn't got much new to tell to anyone on this forum but it's put together so well and presented so entertainingly that you'll be more than happy to hear the stories again. Always helps to hear and see the people tell it themselves.

There's nothing glossed over. We get a chronological telling of the history of the comic and where it came from, stopping along the way to hear various rants and anecdotes from the people who were there at the time.

I thought Mills came across like a fucking superhero. He's the one constant through the whole thing and even though I already knew his energy levels are thermonuclear, his passion is very inspiring.

There's a fantastic use of the art throughout although nothing that can beat the animated opening titles that will have you despairing why there isn't an animated 2000AD movie with five different tales.

There's no downside here. It's a perfect documentary. I dunno what else to say. I loved it.

One of the producers, Helen, was there and did a quick Q & A afterwards. Looks like it's going to be doing the festival circuit for a while while they negotiate with various DVD companies but sounds like they do want to give it a proper theater release. This wasn't the final cut as apparently they'll be doing more last-minute interviewees and editing that in. If there's a DVD there'll be hours of extras. Lovely-jubbly!

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

dweezil2

Drokking awesome blackmocco!
Glad you enjoyed it!

Can't wait to see it for myself!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

Glad you got to see it!

How long was the doc?

blackmocco

About 100 minutes in all. Just about the perfect length,  really. Very hard to keep momentum when your movie is essentially nothing but talking heads but all the personalities are so forthright, it's not a problem here. I'd listen to Mills read the phone book and I bet he'd make it fascinating!

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Steve Green

TordelBack

Quote from: blackmocco on 04 October, 2014, 06:51:52 PMI'd listen to Mills read the phone book and I bet he'd make it fascinating!

Especially when he got to the 'SLA-' section.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: blackmocco on 04 October, 2014, 03:52:50 PMI thought Mills came across like a fucking superhero.

He'd hate that. Probably prefer being called a cunt.

blackmocco

Ha! You're right. Bad choice of words there.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 04 October, 2014, 07:26:12 PM
Quote from: blackmocco on 04 October, 2014, 06:51:52 PMI'd listen to Mills read the phone book and I bet he'd make it fascinating!

Especially when he got to the 'SLA-' section.
Snort!
We never really die.