Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 5 - Blackhawk vs Mind of Wolfie Smith

Started by Colin YNWA, 21 September, 2022, 06:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.

Blackhawk - more info

VS

Mind of Wolfie Smith - more info

What If we'd got an all Tornado derby? I've tried to make matchups that will be pretty evenly balanced in these What if? Battles, but this it is the one I'm most conscious could be a one-way romp. I mean I'd see it. I think Blackhawk is a middling thrill saved by some great art. I think Wolfie Smith is a likewise middling thrill saved by some great art. Yet one is fondly remembered, the other is often maligned. Maybe this vote can put that right?

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 24th September and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

rogue69

broodblik

Never read Wolfie so let me rather abstain here. So yes another call for a collection of Wolfie
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Don't know either of these well enough again so another abstention.

Magnetica

Aaron A Aardvark

I don't carte what they say. I always liked Blackhawk.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Wolfie Smith- and only because an episode with the big monster scared me so much as a kid that I had to hide the comic.

SBT

AlexF

I've not read the Tornado run of Wolfie; I have read the Blackhawk run and that's good comics, better than what came in 2000AD. Comparing the 2000AD stuff only, it's The mind of Wolfie Smith for me. What can I say, I just like spending time with the guy, he's such a dick.

Southstreeter

It's been 40 years since I read Wolfie. I think I liked it. Why hasn't it ever been reprinted?
Blackhawk I read more recently and enjoyed it, so it gets my vote.

Huey2

paddykafka

Blackhawk

But I would love to see a collected edition of The Mind of Wolfie Smith. (I would be even happier to see a reboot of it. The recent Hookjaw strip showed how well the idea can be done, with the right Artist / Writer combo.)

Funt Solo

Blackhawk was more fun.

QuoteMy axe he chop with crunching thud,
Soon he be drinking plenty blood!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Still a day to go and plenty of votes not in. So if you fancy a pop at this one just get your vote in and I'll count up what we have in the morning.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

well, I take great umbrage at being described as "such a dick". and, according to the latest prog, everyone should probably be watching their heads after dissing me like this ...

"a middling thrill", col? sheesh. the darkness rises.

tmows