Main Menu

Recent posts

Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by sintec - Today at 08:42:13 PM
Although now I look at it again i realise I need to update my data about what's been in the Prog as the last series of Hope is beyond the end of that graph :( Will get that sorted an provide a further update in the near future.
Last post by sintec - Today at 08:35:26 PM
Quote from: castle4 on Today at 07:05:52 PMvol 59 Durham Red will be up first. Followed by such unknown entities (to me) Kingdom, Cabalistics, Sinister Dexter and others.

It's a pretty solid run of thrillpower from there through to the end of the first 80 volumes.

Quote from: paulbyrnewex on 27 April, 2024, 08:13:19 PMThat was a user who posted how much from 2000ad was reprinted in the collection. Has there been a recent update of the list?

Right finally sorted everything out on my new laptop. This now includes everything up to issue 175 Hope.

Prog / Re: 2385 - Brain Storm!
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 08:32:24 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 01 June, 2024, 08:47:39 PMNext week is a 48 pager - is that the first none Regened bumper prog? Probably not, but cant think what was in the last one

We had one earlier this year in the previous slot 'vacated' by Regened, back in April...mayyybee around then. Bit of a treat to be honest.

As for this weeks Prog its largely as you were. Both Dredd and Intesinauts are good steady episodes building to a conclusion. Intestinauts has a little more momentum behind it.

Brink and Proteus Vex remain absolutely excellent. Some said about Lind being suss last week (I think it was) and the way he gets rid of Bridget while paying with the Sect database... hmmmm.... is Bridget being played? That would be quite the turn up. Just superb. Mind Proteus Vex is the same - just at the opposite end of the action spectrum! Two strips of such different scale and both so good. Perfect 2000ad.

But this week I'm giving it to 3riller - Blue Skies over Deadwick (what a superb title!). David Baillie wrote my fav 3riller with Battleship Mathematica which had a similar structure of building episode by seperate episode and this does a similarly magnificent job. Sticks the landing and how. Now all that's left is a re-read to see how well it compares to Mathematica. Great stuff.
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 08:24:00 PM
I've been tempted to check out the Best of - but it'd be an expensive curio for me and so never got to it. It does seem like a great bumper intro for a new reader and is probably where I'd now point folks curious about trying 2000ad out to. If they are still available or easy to find?

Quote from: Marbles on Today at 07:18:47 PM(NB. Just saw that Brubaker & Phillips 'Kill or Be Killed' is coming out as a Compendium in Feb 25)

If folks haven't read this its sounds like a great way to check the series out!
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 08:21:22 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 01 June, 2024, 02:41:26 PMOne of your best write ups to date, Colin.
It's been awhile since I read The O-Men but all 5 collected volumes sit comfortably on the indie shelf and are begging for a reread.
A real favourite of mine, I fact I have a feeling it might have been yourself who turned me onto it many moons ago now.

Could swear I also had the first issue (at least) of SPANDEX also but damned if I can find it among the singles box, and I sure as anything haven't read the whole thing either. Another error to correct, with haste!

Oh knew you'd read it Zac. I know a few of us talked about it back in the day. Spandex is well worth checking out. It might be worth trying to contact Martin directly. The details on his website might still be in use or go to his Zeros webcomic zeroscomic.com and try there - that actually is probably the best way to go?
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by PsychoGoatee - Today at 08:13:55 PM
Say, when do you think we'll see Spector collected? And has their been enough for a collection so far, and do we know if it'll run again?
Last post by Marbles - Today at 07:18:47 PM
(NB. Just saw that Brubaker & Phillips 'Kill or Be Killed' is coming out as a Compendium in Feb 25)
Classifieds / Re: Daily Star Dredd cuttings ...
Last post by flesario - Today at 07:15:19 PM
Hello LS. Am happy to post to you. Can you PM me where you'd like it send. Ta!
Last post by castle4 - Today at 07:05:52 PM
I stopped reading the Prog during the excess/weakness of the 90's, and only really kept upto date with Dredd over the next 30+ years, so I've now reached a point in my spine order readthrough of the UC which begins exposing me to new writers/artists and characters. Up until now, it's been a very pleasant stroll down memory lane, catching up with stories from my formative years, but this next run, (and bear with me as I know I'm five years behind) vols 59-80, brings all new content for me (with the exception of one volume, Invasion).

I've just really enjoyed both volumes of Shakara over the weekend, and although familiar with and a fan of Henry Flint's work, due to Dredd, I think this is my first experience of reading Robbie Morrison and I'm hugely impressed. I'm aware there are 8 volumes of Dante coming up in my immediate future, and based upon universal positive comments and my experience of Shakara, looking forward to diving in, but vol 59 Durham Red will be up first. Followed by such unknown entities (to me) Kingdom, Cabalistics, Sinister Dexter and others.
Film & TV / Re: Sovereign’s Rein
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 06:58:16 PM
I've watched a few and I'm enjoying it. I like the way they've figured out a truly alien ecology. And they don't hold back! The Hollow alien is disturbing, with its lack of expression and ruthless exploitation of Kamen. Looks a bit like No-face in Spirited Away.

Heavy nods to Miyazaki as you say - Nausicaa especially.

Soundtrack's familiar. Interstellar maybe?