Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call-Me-Kenneth

Quote from: sauchie on 04 September, 2013, 01:35:47 PM
Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 04 September, 2013, 01:23:42 PM
I actually preferred his previous 'more sedate' stuff....

AYE! Nothing says subtle like that last panel (above) of ancient Celt Medb looking like she's been shot in the face with Homer Simpson's make-up gun, while an engorged purple glans tears through her blood drenched vagina/mouth. God help us all if Bisley ever decides to stop pussy footing around and just draw exactly what's on his mind.
Love the Homer reference! The Thomas Edison episode was great.

AS for that particular panel, I was looking through movie posters from the 70's and 80's and have a fair idea where Biz got the inspiration for that pic (whose presence on our wall upsets the missus no end, I can tell you!).

Unfortunately the movie's title is not something I care to repeat on this forum!!

I'll send anyone a PM of the pic, if they're interested.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: sauchie on 04 September, 2013, 01:35:47 PM
Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 04 September, 2013, 01:23:42 PM
I actually preferred his previous 'more sedate' stuff....

AYE! Nothing says subtle like that last panel (above) of ancient Celt Medb looking like she's been shot in the face with Homer Simpson's make-up gun, while an engorged purple glans tears through her blood drenched vagina/mouth. God help us all if Bisley ever decides to stop pussy footing around and just draw exactly what's on his mind.

Cheers Sauchie,
Right to the 'meat' of the matter as usual...... :lol:
Yes, despite Bisleys'  'slightly restrained' work on the Horned God.........( Wonderful pages there Kenneth ).......And the blatantly sexual vision in the last few panels shown...........

His new stuff seems to 'scream out' a bit more  .... It looks even more psychotic !!....With almost 'neon' like colours.....
I've not complaining as it's still wonderful and absolute Bisley, through and through, ( see this weeks prog ) it's just not as appealing to me as the Horned God stuff !!....His style, like all the other artists' featured, has moved on..
Although if someone offered me a page of his new stuff, I'd bite their hand off !!

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

Not to be left out of the Karl Richardson-fest I also have this!

Thanks to Sim(e)onB for getting this for me :D

It's a joke. I was joking.

Sideshow Bob

Woahhh !!

Liking that one a lot Skullmo...
Well done on acquiring that !!....Astonishingly good,  and some truly fabulous detail...( especially on that Lawgiver ! )
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Verrrry nice; love the reflected city blocks in the helmet.

Simon Beigh

That nice Karl Richardson can paint as well as draw! Hopefully, Karl will release some more of his work for sale soon...

Right, I had a new delivery today and a new scan.

New delivery was prompted from a fellow forum-ite asking for Leigh Gallagher's website details. And then I went on his website and accidentally bought another Day of Chaos page... Doh! it's a corker, though, a page where perhaps the tide turns against the Justice Department? Up for debate, perhaps, but it's a cracker. No-one draws blowing parts of the human anatomy out like Leigh does :)

And I managed to scan another of my Willshers. This is from The Skinning Room. It's where [spoiler]Skinner finally meets a very sticky end, bouncing off lots of different bits of the Resyk facility as he goes[/spoiler]. I'm covering that up from those folks who perhaps haven't read Day of Chaos yet...

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 04 September, 2013, 06:39:59 PM
New delivery was prompted from a fellow forum-ite asking for Leigh Gallagher's website details.

Stunning page, and one id have been very happy with, indeed.
And a pivotal moment from the DoC, to boot!  - We discussed all these points, and more, at length, so you'll know all this!

(And a big thank you for stepping aside from the page you originally wanted to allow me to snag it instead.)
Gotta love the DoC!

Simon Beigh

You got that scanner fired up yet, JJ? I wanna see me some more Gallagher :)

Fatboydale

Quote from: Call-Me-Kenneth on 04 September, 2013, 01:12:21 PM
In recognition of the great new Biz Slaine story in this week's prog, I thought I might as well put up a couple of Horned God pages from my collection that I haven't shown on this site yet.
Featuring the ladies Danu and Medb who are sadly absent (though mentioned) from the new episode.

Enjoy..

Prog 629 episode 4 page 6 (the first page of Slaine I ever saw, back in Science class in 1989, aged 12!)

Prog 696 episode 9 page 3

these are wonderful ...... but i know you can do better Mr k .... ;)

Graff Vynda K

I'm not usually a fan of 'Tha' Biz' (his work is too static for me, and he has had far too many second rate imitators), but these are 2 great, sexy pages. Beautiful.

Graff Vynda K

Quote from: Fatboydale on 03 September, 2013, 08:56:11 PM
i posted this on an old thread which no one is likely to read ....

I have certain artists i have been looking for years Dave d'Antiquis  was one, nobody knew where he was ....apart from a comic dealer on here , who would not pass his email to me ... so i did it the hard way ..

I found him using all my contacts and £11 ( grrr long story ) well i got an email from him tonight ...... cmon......

He's got nowt left , all given away .... shit or bust , but sometimes its not about just buying artwork ...

Now to find my last few 2000ad artist's ....

Just re-reading my copy of Case Files 8 last night. Whatever happened to Kim Raymond? He/She seems to divide fans of classic b/w Dredd, but I always (even at the time) rated that sketchy angular style. And she/he could certainly produce a sexy Anderson/ferocious albino alligator.

One for your bulldog breed research skills, Dale?

Greg M.

Obtained (along with some others) courtesy of fellow forumite and old-school-art-appreciator malak brood:

He is Danny Franks. He is the Krool Heart.

hippynumber1

Skullmo

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ihateyougreg
It's a joke. I was joking.

Greg M.

There's seven (!) more as soon as I get round to scanning 'em!