Main Menu

Hey Everyone!

Started by Mike_ONeill, 13 February, 2009, 08:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_ONeill

Hey everyone. I've decided to join all you lovely people on this lovely board.

I've recently got back into reading 2000AD after a long time away, but I have very fond memories of rifling through my older brother's collection and loving the great stories. I also had a brief fling with the Meg in the mid-90's.

In my darker moments, I consider myself a writer. I've had a couple of poems published, if 'published' can be equated to 'that Zine my old mate from college prints himself and sells for a quid'. Having tried my hand at poetry and prose, I've recently expanded into the realm of comic scripts. I'm finding it very rewarding, as I'm one of those individuals blessed with a very visual imagination but cursed with no discernable skill in visual art.

I'm currently writing a futureshock, which I hope to submit for Tharg's perusal in the not-so distant future. But, even if it doesn't end up in the hallowed prog, I'm enjoying being creative and letting the old imagination stretch itself. 8-)

I, Cosh

Hey Mike.

Look forward to seeing your stuff in the Prog.
We never really die.

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

TordelBack

Hi Mike, and welcome.  Best of luck getting into the Prog - you've come to the right place.

Do us a favour though mate, if we ever get to read your poetry, and it turns out we don't like it, please don't call us c**ts.  It happens more often than you might imagine.

Mike_ONeill

Quote from: "TordelBack"Do us a favour though mate, if we ever get to read your poetry, and it turns out we don't like it, please don't call us c**ts.  It happens more often than you might imagine.

No worries on that front, mate. I'm not that volatile.  :P

Thanks for the welcome, guys. It's appreciated.

Paul faplad Finch

Welcome to the site mate and good luck with the writing lark
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Kerrin

Keef Monkey

Welcome to the board, best of luck with the Future Shock!

Richmond Clements

Devons Daddy

welcome finest place on the WWW
one of lifes little pleasures here.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!