Main Menu

Dead Rising Demo

Started by James, 06 August, 2006, 02:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Any 360ers out ther might be interested to know that a Dead Rising Demo is now available on the LIVE Marketplace.

The only thing is you have to change your locale settings to U.S. to access it. 1014MB 15 min demo.

Downloading now will report back once i've had a bash(pun).

CapKlep

We downloaded this at work yesterday and the lounge was noisy for the rest of the afternoon.
So much fun, An amazing assortment of props you can use to put the zombies down. The coolest i've used so far is the Katana as it slices them clean in two. The funniest....hard to choose, the shopping cart is great for cutting through huge packs, the golf club is fun for long distance action. I'm also a big fan of heating the frying pan up and pressing it into their faces. Putting the large lego heads on to the zombies and watching them stumble around is great.
It'll be interesting to see how the game plays with missions etc or if it will be more open ended and let you just have as much fun as you want.
Cheers,
Adam

ThryllSeekyr

I read somewhere that you only get 15 minutes playiung time.

ThryllSeekyr

O, I having alot of trouble finding it.

Perhaps a link on this page would be in order.

Woolly

Truly stunning!
Fave weapons so far are the bowling ball and the cans of pop, although theres a pretty nifty baseball bat hidden in one of the bins around the mall.
This games gonna shine online!!

"The coolest i've used so far is the Katana"
Ooh not found that yet, where is it?

Something Fishy

Well done for bringing this one up James.

This works on UK accounts too BTW

Fantastic demo.

I hope it does have a good mission structure.  

That combined with a sandbox Zombie slaughter Shopping Mall.. what's not to love?

My favourite so far has been the toy shop.  Putting comedy heas on as many as possible and then getting photo's to get a a good "outtake" rating, the slaughtering them and re-shooting to get a good horror rating.

If you find a female , and pile her on top.. you get an "erotica" rating..  eeeewwwwwwww.

Looks like a hit from Capcom to me.

CapKlep

To find the Katana you have to be in the large food court area upstairs. One of the window like openings that overlooks the downstairs mall will have an orange awning below it, The katana is lying on that.

Cheers,
Adam

Woolly

Wils

Misread the title of this thread as 'Rising Damp Demo', which would be a surreal game if ever made.

++ YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A TALISMAN BY PHILIP ++ RIGSBY NOW HAS PSEUDO-VOODOO LOVE POWER! ++

ThryllSeekyr

I keep getting all of these X-bOx links. X-box is one console I don't own.

I take it the demo should then only work on X-Box with one of those network capabilities.

Woolly

The demo, and the game i believe, is xbox360 only.

Excuse me whilst i stroke my xbox and grin, smugly...
:p

Keef Monkey

Argh, I've been hugely excited about Dead Rising and then the same weekend the demo becomes available is the same weekend my 360 breaks down and gets taken away for repair!!!! Therefore haven't played it yet but judging from the posts here it's every bit as good as it looks.

Something Fishy

my 360 broke too.  in a way i was glad as i felt that the replacement, being a later one, would hopefully have the issues ironed out.

Fingers crossed hey.

Wils

Excuse me whilst i stroke my xbox and grin, smugly...

Careful. Stroking it's likely to break it, the same way that breathing near it will. ;)

CapKlep

This is the only game on the 360 that would make me contemplate buying one.
I really haven't been impressed with the games that have been released so far.
One of the plus points of working in Video Games is that the company buys a shedload of new releases for us to check out so i may just play it at work after hours.

Cheers,
Adam