Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 02 June, 2012, 11:12:05 PM
So "your're" isn't funny but the brutal murder of women is? I see.

That Josh Hartnett film was a documentary?

Your're 'your're' is plenty funny, but so was my post. I'd always assumed that everything you posted was conceived in a spirit of mischief, written with detached irony and laced with pitch black sardonic humour.

The idea that Your're more like Cyberleader than I'd previously imagined will make reading your're future posts even funnier.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 June, 2012, 11:15:48 PM
Quote from: bikini kill on 02 June, 2012, 10:55:38 PM
Ha! You split SBT's post like the Black-fucking-Dahlia.
I cut Elizabeth short.

This, this is funniness.

Professor Bear

The Grey - despite not having werewolves in it, probably the best werewolf movie I've seen in donkeys, and certainly a lot better than the obnoxiously cloying Dog Soldiers, a film I watched instead of Werewolves Versus Strippers.  Lesson learned.
The Grey is dead good, all the same, the oppressively desolate setting often breathtaking all on its own.  Some story beats you maybe see coming too soon, but that ain't no biggie.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'll try and watch that OSOMBIE now thanks to SBT saying I'll love the military stuff. Let's hope it's available somewhere!

Dandontdare

just watched a weird drunken channel hopping hybrid of FAME, CARLITO's WAY and ALIEN, which will be forever conflated in my mind into one glorious dance-slash-shoot-fest.

HOO-HAA

Oz thriller, COFFIN ROCK (from the same director as WOLF CREEK). Cracking little yarn with some wonderful performances and a tight script. Very highly recommended.

dracula1

Just had a skeg at John Cater .... of Mars! with the family. What a wonderful film with an engaging script and lots of fab effects. Highly recommended if you and yours have'nt seen it yet. :o :D

Dandontdare

District 9 - didn't really appeal to me when it was out, but it was excellent

COMMANDO FORCES

Just watched IRON SKY with those Nazis on the moon. Quite a good laugh in places with a couple of Allo Allo scenes thrown in for good measure.

radiator

I tried giving Scott Pilgrim a re-watch earlier, but had to turn it off twenty minutes in - I just find it really, really cringeworthy.

So I watched Y Tu Mama Tambien instead. Superb film, loved it.

W. R. Logan

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 June, 2012, 12:32:45 AM
Just watched IRON SKY with those Nazis on the moon. Quite a good laugh in places with a couple of Allo Allo scenes thrown in for good measure.

I thought it was quite fun, can't beat Nazi's in Space

Professor Bear

Iron Sky - as others have stated, well worth a gander for the spectacle and black humor - the final shot is especially bleak - even if the actual story is a total mess, often nonsensical (the Earth warships from nowhere), and the satirical element fails spectacularly.

Shame - in which we see a man reach the absolute lowest a human can go by having gay sex.  I have no idea why this is a problem for a man we are told loves his sex - gay folk say they quite like like gay sex - so I can only assume it's the lowest a person can go because HOMOSEXUALS ARE ICKY.  A dreadful film which is little more than a catalog of first world problems I find it impossible to care about.

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance - this would be great if Ghost Rider was in it, but it's a boring Eurodrama with some CGI skeleton stuff here and there and yet more distance from the notion that Nicholas Cage can actually act.  I am pretty sure he can, but he stars in such awful films that gets hard to remember.  The CGI skeleton stuff at the end is pretty good fun, just not worth waiting 80 minutes for.

KingMonkeysUnkle

Quote from: radiator on 04 June, 2012, 12:44:20 AM
I tried giving Scott Pilgrim a re-watch earlier, but had to turn it off twenty minutes in - I just find it really, really cringeworthy.

So I watched Y Tu Mama Tambien instead. Superb film, loved it.
I did the same with Pilgrim. I have to say I just didn't get it. Shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It 'aint the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Roger Godpleton

QuoteShame - in which we see a man reach the absolute lowest a human can go by having gay sex.  I have no idea why this is a problem for a man we are told loves his sex - gay folk say they quite like like gay sex - so I can only assume it's the lowest a person can go because HOMOSEXUALS ARE ICKY.  A dreadful film which is little more than a catalog of first world problems I find it impossible to care about.

Also it uses doggy style as shorthand for "loveless".
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

There's nothing short about Shame.