Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 October, 2012, 07:41:17 AM
Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 10 October, 2012, 04:09:36 AM... it's their leadership that needs to be taught a valuable lesson... preferably by a payload of bunker busters and a nice nuke down the hole, and God bless the Israeli pilot that pulls the trigger on the one that sends Ahmadinejad to Hades...

...wished plainly and explicitly that a politician whose views he disagreed with would get either in a car crash or develop cancer

As a wise Gungan once said, "Better dead here, den deader in da core...Ye gods, whatsa mesa sayin?"

Neither wishing nor God make it so, however similar the wish.  Important lesson.

I was going to point out this hypocrisy myself...

QuoteAnd I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with that Jimmy Saville remark, what he or a ghost (?)
It's all in that old book, I'm surprised you don't know the story. Y'know, when the magic ghost gets a 13/14 year old girl pregnant? You're right of course, as far as we know, Savile did not have any children.

But really, Beaky, you do seem to have a particular problem with me. I would suggest that if you find my moderation of the forum to be suspect, that you report my posts and they in turn will be moderated by someone else.

QuoteNow if you'll excuse me, this forum has started to stink something awful, enjoy yourselves gentlemen, you deserve each other (Prodigal excepted)... here endeth the lesson.

Oh, sorry. You've left again forever. Again.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 10 October, 2012, 04:09:36 AMOnce again you're the moderate voice in the extremist crowd - myself notwithstanding, of course - Prodigal dude, and I don't wish harm on Iranians, it's their leadership that needs to be taught a valuable lesson... preferably by a payload of bunker busters and a nice nuke down the hole, and God bless the Israeli pilot that pulls the trigger on the one that sends Ahmadinejad to Hades...

Of course bombing people in the name of god is not extremist at all.

Hypocrisy indeed.

Mabs

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 08 October, 2012, 11:34:53 PM
I would not be at all upset if George Osborne died in a horrible car crash. Or from a painful form of cancer.

THIS.

The guys a class A tit.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2012, 08:41:37 AM
Oh, sorry. You've left again forever. Again.

Funny how the 'stink' coming and going seems to coincide with BS (good intials; I wonder if we should read something into that?) flouncing in and out of the forum...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Ironically, quite clearly a pattern of deeply unchristian behavior.

SmallBlueThing

The world has indeed gone to shit if we no longer have the freedom to wish our detested political leaders dead. Am i no longer allowed to say i hope Margaret Thatcher dies a painful death then? Try telling that to my father's generation- or even just my father- and see the response you get. When you do, you'd better hope your beloved tories havent completely destroyed the NHS, because you'll need it.

SBT

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Professah Byah on 10 October, 2012, 12:32:07 PM
Well, he's a Norn Iron Christian, so what else do you expect?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2012, 12:48:37 PM

A plastic cup of tea on the way home from the pub?

But seriously what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I know plenty of Norn Irn christians that are nothing like BS. Get personal with that loon all you want, but don't tar all NI christians with the same brush
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: pops1983 on 10 October, 2012, 01:15:40 PM

But seriously what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I know plenty of Norn Irn christians that are nothing like BS. Get personal with that loon all you want, but don't tar all NI christians with the same brush

You're quite right, of course. I would count my own parents amongst that number. But there are plenty of right wing rascist loons there who call themselves Christian, too...

Professor Bear

Didn't know BS was a local boy, but an early wording of my above comment was along the lines of "Hey, Rich, did you mention you were a Catholic or something?  The board feels a bit 1985 all of a sudden."

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2012, 01:25:39 PM
I would count my own parents amongst that number.

A godless heathen like you has parents?! I assumed that you had been expelled, fully-formed, from Satan's very own Infernal Rectum...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

The Prodigal

Ear hold on-I'm an Norn Iron christian. I appreciate the stereotype (we do that stereotyping thing so well over here) but this one is a left wing seditious type engaged in full time peace and reconciliation work over here nto the bargain.

Please put the blunderbuss down Richmond. Some of us wish you nothing but peace. There are no nukes here bro'

The Prodigal

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2012, 01:25:39 PM
Quote from: pops1983 on 10 October, 2012, 01:15:40 PM

You're quite right, of course. I would count my own parents amongst that number. But there are plenty of right wing rascist loons there who call themselves Christian, too...

Undeniably, horrifically true.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Didn't realize there were so many Ulster types here. Let's all talk about the troubles, WON'T THAT BE FUN?
You may quote me on that.