Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Quote from: satchmo on 23 March, 2010, 10:34:24 PM
Sometimes you meet someone who redefines your concept of how low a human being can be. I genuinely wish he was dead.

Why not just report the gobshite to the mods/admin of every site he's harassing you on?
I'm pretty sure the guys here would take a dim view of whatever's been going on, and Facebook are generally pretty good at banning miscreants. Unless it's not just confined to the web?

Either way, hope it's sorted soon, Ben. You don't deserve to be given a hard time.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

House of Usher

Talking of gobshites, here are those reflections I mentioned on another thread:

A couple of things (words of warning?) I would say about the PhD in the 21st century: 1. it's expected to be delivered to a timetable, so lots of milestones and Gantt charts - the administrative imperative is no respecter of the natural pace of intellectual inquiry - and 2. If you want to continue in the academic life beyond the end of the PhD, remember that any refereed journal articles you can publish along the way, however badly written or specious the premise, are far more valuable for your CV than the thesis you are expected to cobble together in a hurry to meet the artificial deadline of the viva exam.
STRIKE !!!

satchmo

Quote from: Noisybast on 25 March, 2010, 08:40:58 PM
Quote from: satchmo on 23 March, 2010, 10:34:24 PM
Sometimes you meet someone who redefines your concept of how low a human being can be. I genuinely wish he was dead.

Why not just report the gobshite to the mods/admin of every site he's harassing you on?
I'm pretty sure the guys here would take a dim view of whatever's been going on, and Facebook are generally pretty good at banning miscreants. Unless it's not just confined to the web?

Either way, hope it's sorted soon, Ben. You don't deserve to be given a hard time.

I was talking about someone else, unfortunately. My enemies are legion right now :(
That other thing, it's in the hands of the authorities now. But thanks for the concern Matt, I appreciate it. (and everyone else who posted too.)

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Quote from: Krombasher on 26 March, 2010, 10:29:11 AM
Coz of this shit. :thumbsdown:
http://www.johnpilger.com/page.asp?partid=570

Hmm, nice quote:

QuoteAmerican authoritarianism, as the cultural critic Henry Giroux pointed out recently, is "more nuance, less theatrical, more cunning, less concerned with repressive modes of control than with manipulative modes of consent."

Pilger hasn't lost any of his bite.

Hoagy

I've just read the guy for the first time through a friend. But I'm glad to have read him ahead of the upcoming news that forces are now in Somalia to sedate gang warfare.

This time I get my retaliation in first.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mike Gloady

Because my guts and brain have both been really quite bad for nearly two weeks.  Barely left the house and been completely un-manned.  Had to bail on hiex and cried a lot.  Better than I was, but still pretty low. 

Life sucks balls.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Van Dom

That sucks mate, sorry to hear it. Hope you feel better soon. Sending you lots of fuzzy warm vibes! :)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

TordelBack

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 29 March, 2010, 12:03:33 PM
Life sucks balls.

Very sorry to hear it, our Mike.  I'm sure the bowels make the brainhurt that much worse, so even the 'keep putting one foot in front of the other' advice that I traditionally and unhelpfully offer sounds more hollow than ever.  However there will be other Hi-Exes and hopefully other HellTreks in more favourable times, or at least that's what I've been telling myself these past months.  In the meanwhile, try to console yourself with the thought that Buttonman has no embarrassing photos of you to plaster all over the net (yet), so you still retain the respect of your peers, unlike those travelling boozehounds.

Mike Gloady

Until today I was a sobbing shut-in for nearly two weeks.  Today was my third venture outside in that time.  Humiliatingly I had to keep a bag with me with a fresh pair of undercrackers, wet wipes, loo roll and other emergency poo kit gear.  *sigh*

Glad to hear and see that the others had such a good time.  Thanks folks.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Van Dom

I'm really interested in what the "OTHER" emergency poo kit gear is comprised of!!! Does it involve duct tape??
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Peter Wolf

Its no laughing matter.I have just been reading up on IBS and it sounds awful and very difficult to treat because its linked with food intolerences and emotional states so treatment should be holistic.

Organic Probiotic yoghurt is good apparently.

Sorry to hear about it Mike.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

I've had a monitor for just under three years and it's gone buggered. Thanks, BRIMAX, for churning out shite that doesn't last. I've had to plug my old CRT monitor back in and now I've got no space left on my desk. Goddam planned obsolescence, I'm sick of being ripped off by companies who only design their stuff to last under five years so they can make more money. Bastards, bastards, bastards. We can't all afford to keep replacing the shit you make year in and year out because you utter wankers think more of your greedbag shareholders than your customers. You shower of fuckwads. I hate every last motherfucking one of you and I hope your company goes bust and you end up living in cardboard boxes in a medical waste dump. Arseholes.

Also, my copy of FQ hasn't arrived yet.

I'm really in the mood to kill some fucker today.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 March, 2010, 07:06:34 PM
I'm in the mood to fuck some killer today.

I'm sure you could work something out with the relevant prison authorities.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

uncle fester