Main Menu

STOP EVERYONE !! Disregard the wierdness post and read this instead !

Started by PeterWolf, 10 June, 2007, 02:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

I just did another searchj for Johnny Eyebrows and got loads of results.    I dont know why the first search came up with nothing  but the name was used throughout the messageboard so i must have picked it up here somewhere but that makes it look like i have been lurking or something.  I dont know  .......   the paranoia here made me paranoid because everyone was paranoid that i wasnt who i said i was.        But i wasnt using the message board then ......i give up now .... I only knew about this because because someone else posted that i shouldnt have known it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

johnnystress

seriously peter, there's no need for all these threads

House of Usher

I felt like I had been brought up to explain myself all the time, and it has been the bane of my life. Just get yourself out of the habit. Learn that occasionally you don't have to say anything (it's hard; I know!), and that it really doesn't matter if sometimes people get the wrong idea about you. It doesn't always matter.

But still, acknowledging and apologizing when you're wrong doesn't go amiss, and it is appreciated.
STRIKE !!!

W. R. Logan

As JS said stop posting every time you feel the need to unload everything thatâ??s going through your head.
I'd rather have multiple posts on Sin Dex and Siku than the verbal drivel that you constantly stick up.
There are plenty of people who go wildly off topic, there are others who we know more bout than others because they share details about themselves but these are generally snippets at a time in a post about something or other and its built up over time.
On the other hand you donâ??t seem to be able to go for more than a few hours before some new revelation, paranoid delusion or some new topic generally to do with yourself.
Iâ??d rather see what you thought of this weeks Prog, well to be honest I wouldnâ??t but itâ??d make a change and at least bring you vaguely on topic for once although if you id weâ??d probably here about how one time you were altered by the government at the time so you felt like a Greysuit, once when you were holding a knife whilt eating your tea you thought they were bio blades coming out of your hands, that you once wore a Tam o'shanter  and have fought zombies.

God I need a coffee.

Peter Wolf

Before i got up just now i was thinking that i not going to talk about wierd stuff anymore as i am getting a bit tired of it not to mention everyone else.   The eyebrow  thing was a bit wierd and it was the only way that i could put it to sleep.  To explain it i mean perhaps for my own sanity  !   Unless something wierd actually happens then no more wierd stuff.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Quirkafleeg

Keef Monkey

Is there a definition of "trolling"? The phrase is getting mentioned a lot and I gather it refers to a certain kind of forum behaviour, anyone enlighten me?

johnnystress

well first you get a bridge, then some gruff male goats ...

Queen Firey-Bou

and in traditional norwiegan folklore the trolls were generally destroyed when thwarted they get so angry they stamp their feet so hard they disappear through the floor rumpelstiltskin stylee, or simply explode.

i don't mind inane over posting that much, its just something else to ignore along side the long established crud, and the less time i spend here the more time there is to read comics , hurrah !

wait for it...

Robin Low

"Is there a definition of "trolling"? The phrase is getting mentioned a lot and I gather it refers to a certain kind of forum behaviour, anyone enlighten me?"

There are a few, but it's one of those terms that's often misapplied or whose meaning varies for the user, so that it doesn't really mean what it used to (like Political Correctness). Try this for some background:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28internet%29

As it stands, people usualy use it to refer to anyone online they don't happen to like or whose posts they don't agree with or who post stuff irrelevant to any given forum. I've been called a troll for disagreeing with people and standing my ground in arguments.

The greatest troll I've ever encountered is the infamous Scojo. However, with him I can't be certain the term is a fair one. It was extremely hard to know if he was genuinely trying to annoy people or if he had some quite profound mental health issues. On top of that, some people went out of their way to provoke and encourage him, which could be regarded as trolling itself.

Regards

Robin

Art

What, you think Scojo is the way he is because people encouraged him? He seems pretty self sufficient to me - he's been carrying on his act on alt.comic.2000ad for years now with no one particularly bothering to respond to him.

Robin Low

"What, you think Scojo is the way he is because people encouraged him? He seems pretty self sufficient to me - he's been carrying on his act on alt.comic.2000ad for years now with no one particularly bothering to respond to him."

It's certainly true that Scojo has a disturbingly relentless stamina, but a lot of people spent a lot of time posting right back at him for no useful purpose. I was a regular there for ten years until last January, so I am aware of the situation. I did a count one day of all the messages my newsreader got from alt.comics.2000ad, and well over half were from people posting insults at Scojo in threads he started. God knows, I felt their pain, but having it fill my inbox got as tiresome as Scojo.

I've just looked at alt.comics.2000ad for the first time since January and picked a moo moo thread at random - thirteen posts in it, seven of which are from people other than Scojo himself. While I agree with you that he is largely self-sufficient, other people continue to reply to him needlessly.

Incidentally, I picked three non-Scojo threads with a few posts in them, and Scojo hadn't posted to them. Hardly statistically relevant, but it does make me feel he's in his own little world and could be ignored more.

Regards

Robin

Natsan

Jesus,mate, get a blog or Livejournal. You can witter away to your heart's content then without pissing people off.

johnnystress

Link: http://www.cosmosfactory.org/wavs/rocky/antici.wavhttp://www.cosmosfactory.org/wavs/rocky/antici.wav" target="_blank">http://www.cosmosfactory.org/wavs/rocky/antici.wavhttp://www.cosmosfactory.org/wavs/rocky/antici.wav