Main Menu

Judge Dredd Complete Case Files .. the end??

Started by Ludi, 19 July, 2007, 09:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludi

hi,

is it true that the complete case files will end when dredd goes full color ??

i dont understand this .. i mean look at e.g. Aliens Omnibus form Dark Horse.. full color, better quality of evrything (paper,cover and so on), nearly the same nimber of pages and its cheaper...

i bought the complete case files to get the "complete" history of Dredd .. and now they gonna stop ??.. that really piss me of ..

Goaty

it better black and white than colour, cos it cheap!!!

Ludi

i dont think these books are cheap ..alien omnibus example..

but i would pay 10-20 more for the colored runs.. and i think a lot of people would so, too.

its called "complete" case files .. thats just a lie not more or less .. many have started to collect this runs because of the "complete" i just feel somekind of riped off..

TordelBack

its called "complete" case files

They're far from complete as matters stand (Annuals, Specials, Burger Wars), but they're more than good enough to justify the name.  I really hope they do continue, even though I stopped buying after Vol. 6 (my Prog collection is complete from there up to the Millar years), but colour aside there are several problems fast approaching, in the shape of Megazine stories and worse-yet, crossovers.

Ludi

yeahh of course .. crossovers, specials and so ... but i really would like to read the main story form the beginning to the actuall end.. and if enough monthly progs have been released they throw out a new CCF run .. like the Marvel HCs for example.. that would be really cool...

i m bored of picking 166 page story arcs for 21 euro ... that is so damn expensive..

paulvonscott

worldshown

I would like to see these continue, even if if means a slimmer format for the colour Dredds.

With the exception of a few collected reprints (ie Oz and Judgement Day) I have never read most of the stories printed between progs 500 to 600 and from 700 to 900.

Although, from what I've read here before, I don't think I'm missing much between 800 and 900 but I would like to form my own opinion on them.