Main Menu

Is 2000AD about to be drowned?

Started by Natsan, 23 July, 2007, 07:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Yeah, that's rotten news.

Hope it doesn't take too long to clear up.

Cheers,

Steve

IndigoPrime

:: Your Graphic Novel editor and his Missus weren't so
:: lucky however

Shit. Sorry to hear that, Jon. At least you managed to save some of your stuff.

Can anyone remember a worse summer than this for weather? We've had crappy Junes and Julys before, but not to this level, where it's rained almost every day.

ThryllSeekyr

We'll gladly give you some of our drought in exchnage for a few weeks of rain.

Trout

Ah, bloody hell. Hang in there, Jonathan.

Flooding's a common problem here in Perthshire and I've seen its effects on homes. Stay focused, support each other and soon it'll be just a bad memory.

The Government may plan to throw money at this problem, but it's no guarantee of success. Round here we've had huge amounts of flood defences installed since major flooding events in 1991 and 93.

Below is a particularly heartbreaking story from our paper, a few months ago. The council has now agreed the defences were flawed and will probably take action against the contractor.

- Trout

Link: http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2006/12/15/newsstory9073417t0.asp" target="_blank">http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2006/12/15/newsstory9073417t0.asp

Peter Wolf

I can remember a summer just as bad as this summer.I cant remember the exact year but it was the year when Lewes flooded as the river ouse flows through lewes.It rained and rained and rained ........ . It ruined all my work and ruined everyones life in lewes.It was just the same as now only not on such a large scale.It hasnt happened since but they all got over it and life goes on.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

It was 1990 when East and West Sussex and Kent flooded because it would not stop raining here . Iyt was just as bad as the flooding that has been going on in Oxfordshire and gloucestershire.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death